New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Were going to have a engine maintenance (Toyota 5k Gasoline Engine). Kung sino expert sa toyota that could help us of the ff questions

1. Ok ba ang 10W-40 semi synthetic na Engine oil para sa Liteace 5k?

2. Ok rin ba lagyan ng X-1R Engine Treatment/Petrol Treatment?

3. Anong best sparkplug na mag fit sa 5k engine? (Gusto ko sana Bosch Platinum Plus/+2/+4/fusion or any iridium SP) pki include rin ang price x4 SP

4. High Quality Brake Fluid/Steering Wheel Fluid na pwede sa Liteace?

Goal namin is "Better Fuel economy"

Maraming Salamat Po

1. OK

2. I'm not too used to those additives.

3. I've always used either NGK or Denso spark plugs in Toyota engines, altough Bosch is a good option.

4. As far as I know, there's no problem with higher-grade brake fluid or power steering fluid, altough not too usual.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Thank you very much... UP

4. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Follow-up Question

Iba ang shift-pattern ng aking Gearbox kxi from converted frm AT to MT

ganito xya

2 4 R
    -N-
    1 3

nakaka at nakaka

May paraan ba para maging Common shift iyon? Salamat sa

I don't know how to change the shift pattern, and it might be quite expensive to work around, also a 5-speed transmission swap would be a better deal for your better fuel economy wishes...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by van1029 View Post
    Were going to have a engine maintenance (Toyota 5k Gasoline Engine). Kung sino expert sa toyota that could help us of the ff questions

1. Ok ba ang 10W-40 semi synthetic na Engine oil para sa Liteace 5k?

2. Ok rin ba lagyan ng X-1R Engine Treatment/Petrol Treatment?

3. Anong best sparkplug na mag fit sa 5k engine? (Gusto ko sana Bosch Platinum Plus/+2/+4/fusion or any iridium SP) pki include rin ang price x4 SP

4. High Quality Brake Fluid/Steering Wheel Fluid na pwede sa Liteace?

Goal namin is "Better Fuel economy"

Maraming Salamat Po
    Let me answer your questions:
    1. 10w-40 is OK with your 5K engine. (Just fill 3/4 of your dipstick scale, not in full (F) level).
    2. Engine Treatment is somehow OK because it makes the cylinder walls and all moving parts inside the engine MORE slippery.
    3. For toyota engines, use Denso spark plugs. just follow the proper gap which is 1.1mm or 0.043in.
    4. All brands have their different claims that they are the best. Just be sure that your braking system is in good condition (no leaks; brake pads & shoes are still thick; no rust within the system and on moving parts).

Better fuel economy does not always rely on some high performance automotive parts. A good tune up has a big contribution for your goal. Proper tire inflation also helps. Proper contact point gap, spark plug gap, proper engine timing are factors that help better fuel economy. One last thing, the driving habit of the driver.......
    I hope this helps....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Grab an original Lite Ace transmission and have it professionally installed by a competent mechanic if you want to regain your normal shift pattern.

Or just take it to a good shop to check if they can adjust the cables to regain the normal pattern.

You oil is ok.

No additives needed.

NGK or Denso sparks for me also. Nothing fancy. We just check the application chart at the auto supply to see what will fit well. Sa vicinity ng 100 pesos each.

Any DOT 3 or DOT 4 brake fluid from a sealed container will work on your van. Don't mix the synthetic with mineral based kind. The PS uses ATF. Even the cheapest kind will work.

Don't forget to check your air and fuel filter if they need replacement. And your rear differential oil and transmission oil, too. If that's a four wheel drive model, you also have a transfer case fluid (usually filled with gear oil also) and the front differential oil.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Pero how come nagkaganun ang transmission ko? Dahil ba sa Engine? (5k-J engine) or baka sa mikanikong naginstall? talaga

9. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    pde kayang i-swap ang K40 tranny for K50 tranny magkano kaya ang icacashout?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    based on experience with liteace:
    1. yes, but i used 5w-40 (shell helix ultra), and 5w-50 (mobil 1)
    2. yes, i used x-1r
    3. toyota (which is denso)
    4. any brand, as long as it's fresh and new
    use petromate gas saver, around 70 pesos at petron gas station, mix it with your gas

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Need help Toyota Liteace GXL 5k engine