New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Hi everyone, first time poster here on Tsikot, and i need all the advice i can get...

We're considering cutting our losses and selling our 2007 Toyota Corolla Altis which was flooded by Typhoon Ondoy. We recently got it back repaired from Toyota Cubao, but there was immediate backjob as the car broke down due to faulty electrical wiring.

We paid almost 200k to get it running again, and got brand new parts for everything.

My question is, what's a fair market price for my car? I've gotten some offers at around 300k, but im hoping that i can get a better price pa. Sorry, I really have no idea how to price this, so I need your advice.

Hope you can help a sad, flooded car owner. thanks!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    what type of altis? we sold ours for that price pero 2004 altis e yung amin. all working na rin pero hindi sa casa pinagawa. ended up costing us around 70k-80k for it to run.

yung kinausap ko yung cousin ko na buy and sell, ang selling value ng flooded units is 50% of the purchase price minus depreciation. sobrang baba talaga pero ganon daw talaga bentahan. for 300k??? parang ok na pero kung madadagdagan ng 50k pa sana since 07 model naman yung oto and casa gumawa.

its a definite loss pero kailangan na lang tangapin.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    I've asked Ford about trading-in my 2008 Ford Focus 1.8 Trend that was flooded also but was repaired and is now running smoothly. Back-job na lang is the keyless entry and alarm. The trade-in value they gave me is around 400k and may get lower depending on the condition of the vehicle. Ang problem ko is may financing pa sa bank so minus pa dun sa trade-in value yung balance sa bank. Kaya nagdadalawang isip ako kasi lugi talaga.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Given that the resale of an '07 Altis is anywhere between 400K to 500K, mukhang you just have to bite the bullet and sell. My officemate sold their flooded '07 Civic 1.8 FD for around 300K range as well (400k tops).

As for us, my in-laws had a flooded Vios; it was repaired (with some backjob) under insurance and they decided to just keep it and use it around.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    My question is, what's a fair market price for my car? I've gotten some offers at around 300k, but im hoping that i can get a better price pa

Hope you can help a sad, flooded car owner. thanks![/quote]
    my suggestion? sell it asap. 300K sounds generous. the cheaper the price, the faster it'll go away. cut your losses.

Need advice regarding selling a flooded 2007 Altis