New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Good day to everyone!I badly need help regarding my '91 Corolla 4AFE engine.Super ingay kasi ng tunog ng tambutso niya.Para siyang nakikipagbarilan,literally.At first I thought it were leaks in the exhaust system that caused the noise but when I went to a muffler shop,they said there were no leaks.Palyado daw makina kaya ganun.Ipa-tune up ko daw.But I just wanna have ideas on which to check first before going to a shop.

One more thing,mula nung pina-tune up ko sya 2 months ago hard starting na sya.Mahina na battery ko that time kaya ginalaw nung mechanic yung starter to make it run.Naisip ko,baka dahil yun sa paggalaw nya dun sa starter.Baka may lumuwag.What could it be?

Hope you guys could help me or atleast give me any idea.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Sounds like your car is backfiring, a sign that your engine is not well-tuned. If you're from QC or Manila, try to bring your car to Speedyfix along Shaw Blvd in Mandaluyong. The owner there, Migs, will gladly check your car and recommend the fixes to be done. He is a well-trusted shop owner and many tsikot.com members will attest to this. Here is their website: http://www.speedyfixph.com/

One more thing...do not bring your car back to the mechanic who "tuned-up" your car. He was supposed to make your car run better, not the opposite (hard starting).

Muffler/Engine Noise Problem..