New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2008
    Good day guys, kabibili ko lang ng Vios 08 1.5g m/t kahapon sa Toyta Makati. When I got it, may 50km na sa odometer niya. Ang question ko is How many liters ang 1 bar ng fuel guage nya? Kasi nung pag hand over sakin ng auto, 2 bars nalang sya. By the time nag low fuel na sha, (Blinking 1 bar) I clocked exactly 70km. So yung odo ko ngayon is 120km. According to the multi information display, my average is 11.8km/l. I want to know kung tama ito. But basically I just want to know how many liters is 1 bar in the fuel guage. Thanks in advance!

estimatin mo nalang-- get the manual, nandun yung fuel capacity. fuel capacity, divide mo ng number of bar, un ang sagot...

and mas matakaw ang kotse pag break-in period. so break-it-in properly para maatain mo pinaka matipid nya in the long run.

ps: it not that complex.... iniisip mo kasing complex agad, porket bars nakikita mo hindi analog guage...

kung gusto mo confirm yung 11.8km/l ng trip computer, do a manual computation:

full tank mo (to the brim), drive(bahala ka kung gaano kalayo), then full tank mo ulit to the brim with the same station and station pump.. compute----use your phone's calculator function. total KMS driven divided by no. of liters consumed. un ang sagot.. may slight difference yan sa trip computer mostly.
    Last edited by alwayz_yummy; September 7th, 2008 at 07:57 AM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Find out what the fuel capacity is in the tank thensubtract how fuel is left when the low fuel light goes on and divide it by the number of lines. Why do you need to subtract? Because all cars have a reserve capacity left when the light goes on in your gauge. The best way is to just do a manual computation as posted by AY, trying to find your FC by the lines on your gauge isn't accurate at all.

well ako di ko na sasama yung reserve.. for safety nalang... just read the manual an do the bar----kung 50 liters, 5 bar: 50/5=10L/bar simple lang diba?

magiging complex yan if isasama mo ang mga variable factors like traffic, idle time, temperature, pump/station differences, actual capacity, fuel in lines, vehicle condition, human factors... dun na may prob...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Hindi accurate ang gas level indicator, IMHO. Puwede kasing naka point na sa E kaso may reserve ka pa na a few liters. So kung gagamiting ito as a basis for computing FC. Hindi accurate unfortunately.

The best talaga ay to the brim na pag puno. Puwede din ang "1st click" method sa pag karga ng gas.

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    Thanks guys, I think tama nga na nasa 5 liters ang 1 bar. Although it may not be accurate, it indicates my expected fuel consumtion. The vios runs around 11.3km/l in city driving. Haven't brought it to highways unless you consider EDSA or Osmena highway as one. But I think some people can make a better fuel consumption result compared to mine since I'm just an average driver. Wonder how those peeps in petron did the 1400km on just 1 full tank... hehehe...

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Ask ko lang mga master's kung what's the proper thing to do pag break in ng bagong car? what speed lang ba dapat and how many km? Kailangan ba naka on yun aircon or mas maganda kung naka off. TIA

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    Hindi accurate ang gas level indicator, IMHO. Puwede kasing naka point na sa E kaso may reserve ka pa na a few liters. So kung gagamiting ito as a basis for computing FC. Hindi accurate unfortunately.

The best talaga ay to the brim na pag puno. Puwede din ang "1st click" method sa pag karga ng gas.
    Please don't fill your tank to the brim.

Automobile fuel tanks are designed to maintain a head space or empty space to accommodate deformations due to collisions.

Assuming that your car's fuel tank (and the filler hose and fuel return hose) and the pump and pump nozzle are in order. The proper way to fill a tank is to insert the pump nozzle as far as it will go and to stop filling when the pump automatically cuts-out or turns off.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tercyu View Post
    Wonder how those peeps in petron did the 1400km on just 1 full tank... hehehe...
    A lot of coasting with the engine off. No aircon. Very light foot on the pedal. Minimal stepping on the brakes.

If you think 1400km in an econo-car is something, try getting over 1000km in a Ford Expedition as done by Mike Black and his staff when he was still EIC of TGP.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    A lot of coasting with the engine off. No aircon.
    In short, useless for city driving, and not very practical for long drives (highway).

Much complex F/C question regarding 08 vios 1.5g