New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Pero may winter grade sa manual. If you disregard the winter grade magiging single grade na lang na SAE 30 or 40 for both starting the engine cold and operating temperature.

exactly what i have mentioned. if the owner's manual says to use multigrade, use multigrade. the winter grade can be 0, 5, 10, 15 or 25 as long as you meet the summer grade requirements. it is not common for motor oil to be single grade as per SAE viscosity criteria. in the owner's manual it shows what viscosity index is recommended for a particular ambient temperature.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    exactly what i have mentioned. if the owner's manual says to use multigrade, use multigrade. the winter grade can be 0, 5, 10, 15 or 25 as long as you meet the summer grade requirements. it is not common for motor oil to be single grade as per SAE viscosity criteria. in the owner's manual it shows what viscosity index is recommended for a particular ambient temperature.

yep. multigrade nga. I was thinking kung single grade lang, hindi ba masyadong thick na ung 40 or 50 for a cold engine start.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    i suggest may bagong labas na engine oil ngaun!! synthetic din xa! pero mura ng kaunti sa mobil!! S-oil euro xt for gasoline and diesel engine! mabibili na to sa auto suplly!!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    To be safe just use the motor oil brand of gour car. i think Toyota has its own brand of oils, ganyan na kse ako ngsun, i use idemitsu synthetic for my Honda, motorcraft synthetic for my Ford, and a Made in Korea synhetic diesel oil for my hyundai. Eh since hyundai and kia lang nman car products ng korea, so i assume most of their oils there para sa hyundai kia. My T86 is not yet due for PMS, but i'll buy the the toyota brand motor oil.

Wag kayo masyado paniwala dito kesyo use castrol, delo, motul etc etc. yeah, those things might give the extra performance but tingen ko it will shorten the life of your engine. Parang naka-drugs, ok ngaun galing ka perform well kahit 3 araw walang tulugan, pero later in life dami mo sakit.

That's the nature of things. Im sure those toyota engineers tested your car using genuine toyota motor oil. So dun lang ang data nila for optimum performance :D

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    As for those Toyota "brand" oil, those are actually repackaged Caltex oil. Using Caltex packaged oil instead makes no difference.

Just a note. Dealers, casas, or even auto companies recommend, specify or use a certain of oil brand do so because in most cases, these entities have a commercial tie-up with the oil brands. And to be honest, these entities will cease to exists if your vehicle never breaks down or never need a replacement. So its not surprising that HARI insists on using their HGMO with the threat of warranty voiding. Based on posts in the other thread, HGMO is clearly substandard compared to other oils available to consumers in the market. Also how come Toyota dealers can only offer 20W-50 if you choose mineral oil? Its bec. thats the only viscosity available from Caltex Havoline. Better viscosity means you will be forced to upgrade to semi-syn or fully-syn.

In the end, it is better for one to do a research on which oil brand, viscosity, etc. best suits their vehicle. Judge everything you read with a grain of salt (even these forums).

Aside from oil, you also need to consider better (filtration) or even bigger sized oil filters.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanwilder View Post

Wag kayo masyado paniwala dito kesyo use castrol, delo, motul etc etc. yeah, those things might give the extra performance but tingen ko it will shorten the life of your engine. Parang naka-drugs, ok ngaun galing ka perform well kahit 3 araw walang tulugan, pero later in life dami mo sakit.
    Motor oils don't work that way. Hindi sha "drugs" para sa engine. Using castrol, delo, motul will not "shorten" the life on an engine.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ae_101 View Post
    good day trd mates! tanong ko lang ano gamit nyo na motor oil sa toyota corolla? may nkapag sabi kc sakin na mas maganda daw pag fully synthetic so i then tried inquire sa gas stations/car shops to find out ang mahal ng full synthetic car oils. im currently using mobil1. need your suggestions guys.. thanks!
    don't sweat the small stuff.... for your corolla, mineral oil will do.
    and mobil1 is a good product, in fact, i have been using it on all of my cars for five years now.
    note that on an older engine, fully synthetic oils may cause oil to leak out because of old oil seals and gaskets.... manipis ang FS oil, so pag luma na ang oil seals, pwedeng tumagos sa mga seals.

if you are using mineral oil right now and you are not having problems with it, don't fix what is not broken.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    don't sweat the small stuff.... for your corolla, mineral oil will do.
    and mobil1 is a good product, in fact, i have been using it on all of my cars for five years now.
    note that on an older engine, fully synthetic oils may cause oil to leak out because of old oil seals and gaskets.... manipis ang FS oil, so pag luma na ang oil seals, pwedeng tumagos sa mga seals.

if you are using mineral oil right now and you are not having problems with it, don't fix what is not broken.
    sir any example ng mga synthetic oils? gamit ko po is oil sa petron.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    running on RP 5w30 HPS + baldwin filter now. so far so good.

good basis for determining if its good oil or not, check its PDS. You can pick up tons of info from their PDS. Another way to see its viability is through lab test. used oil analysis results tells alot about the condition of the oil.
    Last edited by bayen; April 15th, 2013 at 06:38 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    sir baka interesado ka i'm selling toyota motor oil fully synthetic, pwede sya sa ibang brand ng sasakyan. thank you

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Motor Oil Matters?