New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Any Taxi owner/operators out there willing to share their insights? I will be venturing again into this business after so many years, but my choices for vehicles are limited to the Avanza and Vios only. Since both the J models are almost equally priced, which makes for a better taxi between the two vehicles?

I am looking at durability, riding public's preference and LPG conversion at a later stage.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Avanza: Cargo space and height
    Vios: Passenger comfort

I'd lean more on the Avanza for taxi purposes.

If you go LPG, i'd recommend the Greenfuel SGI Kits in the value for money stakes. It runs well with the Toyota EFI/VVTi engines and will give hardly any change in engine power. Then get a nice "audio box" fabricated to cover up the tank in the cargo bay.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    For me it would be Vios.

Riding public preference would be the Vios since it is car base not like Avanza that is more of MPV. Most taxi drivers avoids passengers with many baggage's anyway, and even Avanza taxi drivers do.

If the passenger has smelly baggage, the entire cabin of Avanza would be affected directly and that's why some passengers avoids taxi's that has no separate rear compartment.

If you will use it as city taxi, Vios would still be the best in terms of public preference and Fuel Efficiency. IMO

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    The rwd Avanza will be more sturdy in the long run as opposed to the fwd Vios. If you look at most taxis worldwide they prefer the rwd platform for this reason.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Avanza's ride comfort isn't that bad compared to the Vios. And the ability to carry many passengers is a bonus.

Plus... the extra size and weight of the Avanza doesn't seem to make it very thirsty compared to the Vios.

Sturdiness is in the eye of the beholder. The problem with the Vios and Corolla are soft shocks. The Avanza has a lot of rattles and thin sheet metal. Plus... it's unibody, not body-on-frame like the Innova... which would probably be much sturdier in the long run.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I would go for avanza for space and, comfort also.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Thanks Tsikoteers for all your inputs!... It still really looks like a tough choice, since I only have the resource right now to invest in two units. Although I would not consider buying both, I would want have to have a common vehicle for later interchangeability of parts.

Btw do the Vios and Avanza use the same steel rims and tires?

As I drive along the Metro, I estimate an even split between the Avanza and Vios taxis that are on the road. Maybe the next step is to take a ride in these taxis and interview their drivers.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    I'll go for the vios rather than the Avanza or depends on you, 590,000 for the vios J compared to Avanza J na 593,000..

OT:
    If you don't have a franchise I can assist you to have one just pm me.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    avanza rims is 4-114 while the vios has 4-100 PCD. I would go for the avanza because it is RWD.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    space-wise, i would go with the avanza but the ride quality especially on the 2nd row (no 3rd row for the taxi variant) is jittery but acceptable on the front row. the vios has a better ride quality but lesser space. any of the two is great for taxi business.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Which is more suitable for a Taxi: The Avanza or the Vios?