New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Mga Masters,

I got a question, is it possible na after changing the timing belt magkakaroon ng leak from the engine? or sa iba galing yung leak? Konti lang naman three to four drops lang sa maghapon nakapark.

Newbie po ako not much knowledge sa engine and car issues.

By the way 1990 Corolla 1.3 yung car ko.
    Last edited by jaynus; May 17th, 2011 at 02:08 AM. Reason: adding more details

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    When you replace the timing belt, you also replace some gaskets/seals and the water pump. You can have that checked first by doing a visual on where the oil is coming from.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jaynus View Post
    Mga Masters,

I got a question, is it possible na after changing the timing belt magkakaroon ng leak from the engine? or sa iba galing yung leak? Konti lang naman three to four drops lang sa maghapon nakapark.

Newbie po ako not much knowledge sa engine and car issues.

By the way 1990 Corolla 1.3 yung car ko.
    Sir yung mga oil seals like crankshaft mo ba napalitan din? baka dun yan. Maganda pa-check mo agad yan para hindi lumala.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    oil or water??? There are oil seals that might have to be replaced. Better have it done ASAP the oil drops might hit the timing belt and cause you bigger problems.
    Water ---- could be the water pump ready to die na another major problem if that happens

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wala dapat connection pero baka nilinis din ng mechanic yun mga grimes doon sa engine wall kaya lumabas yun leak na before wala kasi meron tapal vulacseal na oil grime

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    dapat walang mag leleak dyan sir. baka sa kalumaan na may kailangan nang palitan na seals sor. nagkataon lang.

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    at five years of age, it is always advisable to reseal your engine. i.e., front main seal, cam seal, oil pump seal, rear main seal, valve cover gasket, distributor seal, and usually your oil pressure sending unit starts to leak too

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mina_nuka View Post
    at five years of age, it is always advisable to reseal your engine. i.e., front main seal, cam seal, oil pump seal, rear main seal, valve cover gasket, distributor seal, and usually your oil pressure sending unit starts to leak too
    and sana sabay sa timing belt replacement!
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Probable cause po siguro is the crankshaft front seal. I also have a Corolla 1.3 XL. I had my main/rear crankshaft seal (yun malaki) sa right side ng engine (sa likod lang ng flywheel) changed because of small droplets of oil. Even though my mechanic told me pwede ko pa ibyahe, pina repair ko na din, an ounce of prevention is always better than a pound of cure. :-)