New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    last hurrah na ng fortuner yan 2.5L VNT.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Even if you're not after speed, the engine upgrade would be more beneficial than detrimental provided prices don't increase dramatically.

I actually prefer the Fortuner's looks over the Montero, but I could never take it seriously or recommend it to my friends when it had the old 2.5 cuz the Montero was just so mechanically superior. Now, the field levels off a bit. The Montero GLS-V still has a better engine, 4-wheel discs, fancy HU, more liveable 3rd row, and (for me) a better interior. The Fortuner on the other hand has leather seats, HID, reportedly a more comfy ride (haven't driven the most recent facelift), and (for me) a better exterior.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Busy ata eh.

With VNT, FC should improve in long drives since peak torque is more spread and by staying in the 2,000-2,200rpm range, with the added power eh siyempre mas madali sa engine na dahin yung pick-up or fort n 4x2.
    Haha, pero totoo Third World Vehicle ang Fortuner, but it can get the job done. Hayy, nanluluma na ang 2.7 vvt-i ko.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Doesn't matter if it can't compete with the 178 hp Monty...as long as the 2.5 Fort has enough torque to get out of it's own way, that's enough.

Back when the Montero had "only" 135 hp and that slow 3.2 with thte 4AT, I didn't think it was a big deal that others had more. A better car is a better car, however much power it makes. That's how it won PCOTY against more powerful trucks.
    been a fan of monterosport 3.2 GLS SE 4M41...sabi ko sana ito na lang kinuha namin instead of 2.5 GLS non-vgt

but we do have a 2005 fortuner 3.0 4x4

so mas mabilis pa ang fortuner 3.0?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Fort and Everest 3.0 had better punch in the low end compared to the 3.2.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Doesn't matter if it can't compete with the 178 hp Monty...as long as the 2.5 Fort has enough torque to get out of it's own way, that's enough.

Back when the Montero had "only" 135 hp and that slow 3.2 with thte 4AT, I didn't think it was a big deal that others had more. A better car is a better car, however much power it makes. That's how it won PCOTY against more powerful trucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by BRIAN View Post
    been a fan of monterosport 3.2 GLS SE 4M41...sabi ko sana ito na lang kinuha namin instead of 2.5 GLS non-vgt
    but we do have a 2005 fortuner 3.0 4x4

so mas mabilis pa ang fortuner 3.0?
    we're fans of the 4M41 as well. even after 4 years of ownership we still feel this one was a better investment over the 2.5... VGT or non-VGT, against the more powerful diesels out there. it will hold its ground in both city driving and long-distance travel, sort of a balanced package of us. too bad they already removed the 3.2 from the lineup already.

agree with sir niky ^ on the new fortuner. 'as long as it has more torque...'
    Last edited by cjv_justice; August 7th, 2012 at 02:34 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ako rin, mas gusto ko looks ng Fortuner. So with this new upgrade, di na ko mahihiya i-recommend 2.5L D4D ng Fortuner. Parati kasi 3.0L D4D lang nirerecommend ko sa Fortuner eh.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    This upgraded Fortuner will arrive in our showroom 4th week of August

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by wilcats View Post
    This upgraded Fortuner will arrive in our showroom 4th week of August
    ano pa ang upgrades aside engine?

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    malabo magkaroon ng exterior changes eto since fresh pa din yung facelift. But i hope they change the altezza tail lights. looks too aftermarket for my taste.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
LEAKED: Toyota to launch 2.5L VN Turbo Intercooler engine for the Fortuner and Hilux