New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Le petit hybrid: Toyota's all-new Prius c
    Words by Jose Carlo Roberto R. Sapera | Photos courtesy of Toyota Motors Corporation

Hybrid technology has once again found its way into the subcompact car segment when Toyota wriggled in the new Prius c at the 2012 North American International Auto Show in Detroit earlier this week. The 'c' in Prius c stands for 'city' and with it targets a younger crowd who'd like to drive in the urban jungle in an affordable set of wheels with hybrid technology. Also known as the Prius Aqua in Japan, the Prius c is the latest addition to the Prius family after the introduction of the Prius v mini-van last year.

This little city car is powered by a smaller 1NZ-FXE 1.5 liter in-line four cylinder VVT-i power block bundled with Toyota's Hybrid Synergy Drive that collectively churns out 99 horses and 111 Nm of torque. It utilizes an Atkinson cycle to achieve optimum fuel efficiency with three different driving modes - Normal, Eco, and EV mode. Plus, it comes with Start Stop Technology (SST) feature to contribute to its thriftiness and should get around 22.5 km/L.

CLICK the LINK to CONTINUE: Le petit hybrid: Toyota's all-new Prius c
    LINK: Le petit hybrid: Toyota's all-new Prius c

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    This is already available in the PH. I haven't seen it personally, but I like it on paper.

The Prius C is available in 4 options:

* the Prius C Full Option (White Pearl) which is priced at P1.54 million;

* the Prius C Full Option at P1.525 million;

* the Prius C Standard (White Pearl) at P1.49 million and;

* the Prius C Standard at P1.475 million.

link:Toyota Philippines launches all-new Prius C - News | TopGear.com.ph

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    They had it at the anniversary party last Friday.

Impressions... yes, it's a lot smaller than the current Prius... about the same size as the Jazz. Toyota still needs tax breaks to get the price down... despite the small size, I think it'd sell very well at 1.2m... since Jazz size is a very acceptable size, as it is, for that money.

Interior quality is typical new Toyota. More Corolla-level, at least, than Yaris-level (the Yaris being old Toyota).

Can't wait to drive it. 1.5 liter engine with a hybrid drivetrain, just like the Gen. 2 Prius... it should do just as fantastically in traffic.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    wow the price is quite low. at least low enough for pioneers or early adopters.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    whats the difference dun sa full options at standard?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Leather. Don't know what else.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    ^ Saw a pic somewhere na meron syang sunroof, so most likely yun din, pero we probably shouldn't expect much, since around 50k difference lang sa price from base model.

BTW duplicate thread na pala to with this: http://tsikot.com/forums/toyota-cars...ta-aqua-84718/

Thread merge na to!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    From what I gather, the unit we viewed at the Toyota celebration party was the Full-option model. Leather interior, doodads and relatively nice alloys. No sunroof.

Not having seen the regular model, I can't tell what's missing besides the leather. 50k is a reasonable mark-up for leather, but then, most people are fine with leatherette covers, which cost just 10-15k.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i noticed sa pics sa topgear that iba yun head unit nung isa.. maybe thats one of the differences

10. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    I'm excited to see the reviews on this car. Though medyo namamahalan ako sa price(because of conversion). Around 300k less and this would probably be selling like pancakes! I hope the gray market steps up for the opportunity, just so the local dealers start protecting their market share! LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
"Le petit hybrid: Toyota's all-new Prius c"