New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Tsikoteers need your help! I'm looking to buy a Prado next year. Can someone tell me the difference between the Gas and the Diesel Variant? There's a 1 mil difference on the pricetag and I'd like to know if the difference is for the engine types alone? Or do you get more goodies/accessories/added features for the Diesel Variant? Also does anyone know if the Prado has the surround view camera here in the Phil? Can't seem to find it as a feature on the Toyota Philippines website.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Accessories and add-ons will be dependent on the trim level and the unit you buy (TMPC or grey market); generally the grey market units have more extra features whether they be gas or diesel AFAIK. Personally, i'd spring for the diesel engine if budget permits. There's a thread somewhere here which you can search for as the forumers already discussed the details of the Prado features there. I'd also expect a new model of this sometime 2015 perhaps?

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Price diff. is around 885K. (Gas vs 3.0 DSL A/T)

The Gas V6 variant gets all the goodies that is in the diesel A/T. JPEPA helped alot in the price of the gas variant which explains the variance despite being similarly equipped.

Same Gas 1GR-FE (same engine in the FJ cruiser).

Personally, I would get the gas bec. of the lower entry point. If you plan to use or own it for the long term, the more you should go for the gas.

The 3.0 diesel is the same one on the Fortuner, which I think is not sufficient to the much heavier Prado body.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I also think the only difference is the engine.

Putting it in perspective, P885K is 16,000L worth of petrol. At say 5km/L, that's about 80,000 kms driven.

Because of the sticker price, you also get lower annual insurance. PMS is about the same i assume since it's a petrol V6 compared to a crdi 4cyl diesel.

Conversely, the D-4D is not so frugal to make up for the P885K difference. Plus you get the usual diesel emissions penalty in the long run.

Posted with TocinoTalk
    Last edited by IMm29; August 28th, 2013 at 01:59 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Engine lang difference ng gas and diesel variant.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Engine lang difference ng gas and diesel variant.
    Generally, mas gwapo din daw yung mga nakasakay sa gas variant.

Looks like better deal yung 4.0L gas variant based sa inputs. I also saw a 2.7L variant up for sale online, before.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Generally, mas gwapo din daw yung mga nakasakay sa gas variant.

Looks like better deal yung 4.0L gas variant based sa inputs. I also saw a 2.7L variant up for sale online, before.
    Yan nga din balita ko. Pero mukhang sumablay sa akin. :p
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Yan nga din balita ko. Pero mukhang sumablay sa akin. :p
    Hahaha... ikaw nga daw yung nagpaangat ng average ng gwapo drivers ng gas LC Prado. Kaso lang, wala pa rin tayo dun sa Doktor na naka-LC80 :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Hahaha... ikaw nga daw yung nagpaangat ng average ng gwapo drivers ng gas LC Prado. Kaso lang, wala pa rin tayo dun sa Doktor na naka-LC80 :D
    Sino iyan gusto ko siya makilala. Yung mala adonis na naka LC80 na VJJ ang plaka pa lang ang nameet ko. Hehe

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Sino iyan gusto ko siya makilala. Yung mala adonis na naka LC80 na VJJ ang plaka pa lang ang nameet ko. Hehe
    Tiga Batangas or Mindoro yung LC80 na na-meet mo? V kasi yung plate eh...

Pang C and R-plate kasi tayo nila Boybi eh... Region III. :D

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast