New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I just came across a 1991 LC80 with 6 cylinder gas engine and need to know what I should be on the lookout for as far as possible problems. Fuel consumption is not an issue so please don't suggest getting the diesel version as it's not available in the US. The guy wants $5500 OBO for it but I need to call him up to find out the mileage on it. If I can get it for $4500 I may be able to get my wife to give me the green light for it. What are the issues with this model LC? What should I be looking for as far as mechanical problems? It is a A/T model with AC/PWR everything, leather, and CD.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    www.ih8mud.com is a great resource.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Thanks for the quick reply. I guess I will hold off for now even though the guy is willing to drop it to $4000. I spoke to him and he wasn't sure of the mileage around 105K-108K and the AC doesn't work, he said could just need freon but he just filled it 6 months ago. Something fishy there as freon shouldn't be needed in 6 months if it's not broke, judging by the age it could be an evaporator or something. The clincher was it doesn't have lockers so I will have to walk away and wait for my perfect LC80.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    redorange, My dad owns a USDM LC80. 96 model. with 90k miles. from memory parts that have been replaced are

power seat - passenger side railing
    passenger side mirror wont lock on its open position
    rear window guides cut into 2
    CD wont function
    speakers are shot
    hood opener gas suspension dont know what its called
    evaporator was replaced once

aside from the usual PMS
    shocks were already replaced
    brake master
    power steeering repair kit
    front wheel bearings