New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by converter78 View Post
    saan po ba dapat i-move? pasensiya na kung OT pk move nalang po mga admin kung saan dapat, kala ko kasi dito kasi ang project car ko from gasoline toyota corolla to diesel engine.
    i thought kasi na you are comparing the accent and focus, but you are considering converting a gas-fed TYT car to a diesel powered engine. Hmm, mahirap ata yan ah, consdering the pre-CRDi ones are too noisy.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    thanks for reply sir at yes definitely post ko pics from start to finish!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by myas110 View Post
    i thought kasi na you are comparing the accent and focus, but you are considering converting a gas-fed TYT car to a diesel powered engine. Hmm, mahirap ata yan ah, consdering the pre-CRDi ones are too noisy.

hindi naman po ako masyado maselan sa noise or tagtag if that's what you mean, i chose older model kasi mura lang at madali lang modify and/or gawin ni manong mekaniko at least kung hindi ako satisfied afterwards konti lang damage.

thanks din po sa reply

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    pre, yung Nissan sunny may diesel yun. may 2 variations.. yung 1.7L ang makina eh CD17 at yung 2.0L eh CD20. Or bili k ng toyota corolla na car then bili ka surplus CD17 or CD20, tpos yun ang ipa-mount mo. At least transverse na din yung engine.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    But what makes a diesel less susceptible to burning? At the end of the day, its the quality and maintenance of the car that will matter. Doing engine swaps and the like will just increase the probability.

Just dig down a bit on the threads and you'll find a toasted Innova diesel.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    diesel vehicles burn because of something else, like electrical. diesel fuel is not easy to burn. you need a very hot temp and high pressure..
    why not just stick to gas ? vehicles don't burn just like that. first they have to be maltreated, then they have to be fixed wrong... you know... things you have control over..

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    diesel vehicles burn because of something else, like electrical. diesel fuel is not easy to burn. you need a very hot temp and high pressure..
    why not just stick to gas ? vehicles don't burn just like that. first they have to be maltreated, then they have to be fixed wrong... you know... things you have control over..
    Indeed. The most common cause of fires on gasoline engined vehicles isn't even the fuel system. It's usually wiring coming into contact with hot parts or shorting out, or engine oil leaking onto hot exhaust or engine pieces.

-

I like the ADMax idea... but why not go a bit further? Why not just buy a Nissan Sunny five-door wagon (same body as ADMax, similar to B13 Sentra) with the diesel in it already? I've seen quite a few around here. Converted, siyempre, but converting using a Sentra dashboard and steering is a much simpler job than an engine swap. And you won't even need to buy two cars, in the first place.

Or... you could get lucky and find a Sunny 2.0 diesel engine at Banawe. Even simpler.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    OR, you might want to settle with those 1980's mercedes benz 200d's or 300d's I check the merchant websites from time to time and I'm surprised that Im still seeing fresh ones and restored one also... So IMO, I think its better than having a swap...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    hanap ka nang 2nd hand na hyundai matrix crdi o kaya getz crdi. medyo mahal lang, mga 350-450k

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Mahirap mag convert gas diesel engine na front wheel drive na car, update mo kami pag natapos mo na project mo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
kotse na diesel