New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    What could be wrong on my 2008 Altis? Upon depressing of brake pedal while in Reverse motion, there will be a knocking sound. For every depress one annoying knock sound.

Car has been brought to Toyota Otis for cleaning and realigning of brake pads and brake pad support clips.

No sound produced when in Drive (forward) mode.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    "baka engine supports or may problem sa tranny,same thing happened sa civic FD ng pinsan ko.."

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Same thing happened to our 2001 rav4. sa reverse langnaririnig yung "thud" sound. pero nawala na din eventually.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    as long as it is in Reverse mode, I hear one knock for every depress of brake pedal.

I brought my unit to Toyota already for cleaning and adjustment of brake pads and the retainer clips. just slight change happened, sound became slightly softer. A very very minimal improvement.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    same with my 2 toyota. only in reverse when you step on the brakes. i think this is normal. i just check/ clean / adjust brakes every 5k.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Hmmm I think you have to calibrate your rear brakes, are those drum brakes? Ganyan din po kasi dati hi lander namin, nababago kasi yung ikot niya kaya minsan pag reverse mo tapos pag break biglang may knocking sound.

After my dad calibrated the rear drum brakes, ayus na siya ulit. It works fine. Pero bakit parang sa toyota puro ganyan? I wonder

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jtphl View Post
    What could be wrong on my 2008 Altis? Upon depressing of brake pedal while in Reverse motion, there will be a knocking sound. For every depress one annoying knock sound.

Car has been brought to Toyota Otis for cleaning and realigning of brake pads and brake pad support clips.

Your brake shoes on the rear drums are probably thinned out by now. You can have it adjusted or change it with a new one. Also check your stabilizer links. If you can easily move them by hand its time to change them. You can have them injected by zee or cruven if you are on a "budget meal" but if you have the budget OEM is best but genuine 555 will do. Don't forget to change also the 2 stabilizer C-bushings (the OEM's cost only P147/pc at casa) when changing the stab links

best regards

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jtphl View Post

Ganyan din problem ng Advie ko before. Check mo turnilyo ng brake caliper sa unahan kung kumpleto. Yung sakin kasi isang turnilyo lang nakalagay yung kabilang dulo walang nakalagay nalimutan malamang ng casa ibalik.

Knocking sound when car is in reverse and brakes depressed