New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Kasi, according to youtube, you will not have to get gas when you have solarized the prius. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJX-sGn5RDo&feature=related"]YouTube - Solar Powered Prius[/ame]

Besides, mukhang comfortable rin naman ang interior. Parang touch screen yata ang interior plus 7 speakers eh.... BUT THE MAIN FEATURE IS THAT YOU CAN SAVE MILLIONS OF PESOS IN GAS..... Sa palagay niyo, kailan kaya lalabas ito dito sa Pilipinas?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Nah..... talo pa yan ng CRDi na Getz.

Save millions in gas and give it all to Toyota? Remember, technology comes with a price.

Under training pa raw mga dealership bago ito ilabas d2.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Save millions of pesos in gas?!?!? Are you going to drive this car forever?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Save millions of pesos in gas?!?!? Are you going to drive this car forever?
    I think it's because you won't be able to afford to buy gasoline after paying off the local purchase price for a Toyota Prius.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ismaeljimenezjr View Post
    ... BUT THE MAIN FEATURE IS THAT YOU CAN SAVE MILLIONS OF PESOS IN GAS..
    Sorry to burst your bubble but based on a local mixed environment test drive of the Toyota Prius vs Ford Focus turbo diesel, the operating cost per kilometer of the two are about equal.

Factor in the need to replace the battery pack of the Prius after a few years, then the total operating cost will be significantly higher. Add in the purchase price of a Prius vs Focus TD, the Focus is the better deal. You will also have an added bonus that the Focus TD is a good performer in terms of acceleration and handling.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    ok kung lahat ganito sasakyan. pero malayo sa katotohanan ang mahal sobra. curious lang ako pero malamang hindi aircon to?

"philippine Eagle" electric car 200K lang daw pero not as techie as prius. I'm looking forward for further enhancement of the P.E., maybe get one too (ot na ko)

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tanoshi_637 View Post
    ok kung lahat ganito sasakyan. pero malayo sa katotohanan ang mahal sobra. curious lang ako pero malamang hindi aircon to?

"philippine Eagle" electric car 200K lang daw pero not as techie as prius. I'm looking forward for further enhancement of the P.E., maybe get one too (ot na ko)

Ako din, sa philippine eagle car keysa sa Prius.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    hindi pa ba lumabas to? meron kasi yan dito sa may amin .. a little more expensive than the camry daw, but i think its worth it.. 3 weeks na daw siya hindi nagpapagas..

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    The Prius is a good car. Pero it takes time para sa mga Pinoy to get used to that kind of car. It's a hybrid, it can save gallons of fuel but the price of this car is not ideal for most of the Filipino car buyers.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have one in my garage.

P.S.

That was a couple of months ago.

Here's MBT's take on the Prius:

http://www.bigbigcar.com/ReviewArticle.aspx?id=18
    Last edited by mazdamazda; January 22nd, 2008 at 09:38 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Kailan kaya lalabas ang TOYOTA PRIUS DITO SA PILIPINAS?