The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    yah.. i think so.. hehehe.. :wink:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jayvee
    Hi guys! I recently bought an lc80 VX diesel na 96 model (ung local version) because of all the praises it received in this forum. What is the going price ba of this model? Just want to find out sana kung nakamura ko :D

Is there a shop preferably sa QC area that specializes in LC’s? or transmissions in particular? Medyo nag da drag na kasi. Na adjust na but ganun pa din. I guess time to change the pressure plate and clutch disk.

Also may I know the names of the other LC80 owners dito? Gusto ko kasi sana mag compare notes. Is lc80 still in this forum?

Thanks in advance.
    Congrats on your new ride! I sure hope we could see your truck in action these coming days ahead. :D

3. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    thanks to everyone!!! Im glad to be here:D:D

i bought my manual lc for 975 kya lang medyo kailangan ng paint job coz of chips sa door. gusto ko sana pa repaint sa wet look kya lang gusto ko patapos muna mga mechanical works. changed all the tires pati spare din to dunlop at2 para macho:mrgreen:

vinj: ung turbo puede ko rin pa chek sa Kartek? How about ung suspension diagnosis, where do you bring it?

pansin ko rin ung dashboard parang nag vibrate tapos when you turn off the engine medyo kumakalog ung body. any ideas?

sana pag ok na lahat maka sama ako sa trails:D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    jayvee::: Wag na muna paint job, baka pati baha di mo na ilulusong yan pagkatapos. Baka mababa masyado ang idling mo kaya malakas ang vibration? Or your current shock absorbers are busted? Coils do tend to sag and lose its spring rate. :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    jayvee, congrats sa lc80 mo!!

oks na oks yan sa trails!!!

:D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung wala namang kakaibang ingay o kilos from the suspension, huwag mo na ipa-check. Do a visual na lang and observe while driving. Trucks have very tough suspension. You'd have to be an absolute idiot (like me) to wreck their suspensions.

Body on frame design and Land Cruiser. Expect it to have more rattles and vibrations that your average monocoque chassis sedan.

Saka na ang paint job. Pa-touch up mo na lang using a brush. The chips and scratches add 'character'.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you're turbo is working OK... you dont really have to open it up IMO. The reason why we had the one with ours fixed was because the engine lost power (as in)...

On the suspension, i go to JP Wheels on Presidents Ave in near BF in Sucat. Malayo but so far they're the ones that have fixed the suspension problems/complaints i've encountered so i dont mind the trip. If you plan to do some off-roading, you could research on some suspension upgrades that you can do if you need to replace some suspension parts... I'm pretty sure guys like Ungas can help you very much with that.

Diesels really vibrate much more then gas engines, especially when at start up (cold) and when you shut-off. The most you could do would be to tighten the dash on its mounting points and check your engine mounts if they're still OK.

Since you got a new ride, i'd suggest you change all the fluids (brakes, transmission, differential, engine oil, steering, etc) just to be sure and you'll start out clean. Have the engine compression tested as well to see if its running OK.

Musta yung emissions ng LC mo? I noticed that some units let out white smoke at idle....

Do the mechanicals before the bodywork IMO... If you can live with the body not being in tip-top condition and plan to do some off-roading, you could just do some detailing instead.

BTW, upgrading the headlights with relays and high-wattage bulbs on the the LC is also a good idea... Since the local ones comes with two sets of headlights per side (H4 and H3) that can be upgraded with thicker wires and relays.

8. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Cguro nga pa detail ko na lang. baka pag sobrang kintab ayoko na gamitin:D

Otep and Ungas: Ung sa dashboard actually vibration lang habang naka idle. What is the correct idle ba? Asa 900 rpm sya ngayon. Pag sa mga lubak wala namang rattles. Ano ba symptoms ng worn out engine and transmission support? Sabi kasi ng mekaniko ok pa daw pero I dont think expert sya sa mga suv's kasi.

Vinj: All the fluids have been changed except for the coolant. Medyo pansing ko nga me white smoke pero d naman grabe. sabi sa akin normal daw to sa cruisers. Is it? Have you ever experienced slight 'thuds' na feel mo galing sa ilalim. Pati sa back door sometimes meron Good idea with the headlights. Baduy ba kung palitan ko ng 1 pc na parang imported?

Please tell me your experiences if possible so I' ll know how to solve the problems if they arise. thanks so much

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I dont feel anything sa suspension ng LC ng tito ko... with the back door, medyo may kaunting along pag nalulubak minsan. He changed the shocks to Old Man Emu (OME).. ganda ng ride diff/dampening. You could also ask the suspension shop to tighten/retorque the bolts and stuff of your underchassis.

The white smoke seems to be normal on the LC80s that i have seen but there seem to be some that dont have (mas madami akong nakikitang may white smoke though)... If i remember it right, even the TOyota dealership tld my tito that it was normal on the LC. Pumapasa naman siya sa emmissions testing. On the lights, mas maganda nga tignan yung one piece.. i dont know how much it costs though. The 4 piece headlights sa local ones work quite well naman... just upgrade the wirings and bulbs to 90/100w.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    that a good deal na less than 1m bili mo. most of my friends na naka lc80 they bought it from 1.2m up.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Just got an LC80