New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    hi guys, I will be buying a V variant pero 2012 model. Is it ok to buy a top of the line model 2nd hand innova? thanks!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I personally find it impractical. The Innova is a utility vehicle. If I wanted a car with the additional luxury features it offers, I'd rather spring for a Starex instead.

Nothing wrong with the car though. Just that I'd only be looking at E or G variants if I were you.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by holdenme View Post
    hi guys, I will be buying a V variant pero 2012 model. Is it ok to buy a top of the line model 2nd hand innova? thanks!
    if it won't drive you to the poorhouse, i suppose it's ok.
    i would. "that way, there won't be no talk of the 'what-ifs' ".

just be aware that the second row is made up of two captain seats, with space in between for getting into the 3rd row.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I personally find it impractical. The Innova is a utility vehicle. If I wanted a car with the additional luxury features it offers, I'd rather spring for a Starex instead.

Nothing wrong with the car though. Just that I'd only be looking at E or G variants if I were you.

alas, the starex ownership experience is not as reliable as an innova's.
    my colleague swears by this.... has since purchased the toyota, and has been smiling ever since.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    You might want to check out the VW Caddy Maxi ...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by holdenme View Post
    Tama sila. I personally would go for the G variant also because of the sole reason that the V variant has captain seats.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Ako naman if I were to get an Innova I'd go for the V, 4 lang kami sa family and rare lang naman mapuno so I think ok lang na captain seats.

I guess it will depend on your usage, if you'll be carrying more than 4 passengers most of the time then pick the G variant.

Sent from my E6683 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    alas, the starex ownership experience is not as reliable as an innova's.
    my colleague swears by this.... has since purchased the toyota, and has been smiling ever since.
    I have both doc, practically the same vintage and mileage, about 50kkm each.

No issue for both so far...

Innova - changed 4 tyres, rear shocks, front brake pads, will change front shocks next PMS

Grand Starex - changed 2 tyres, front brake pads, half moon valve seal, together with engine cover seal

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    I have both doc, practically the same vintage and mileage, about 50kkm each.

No issue for both so far...

Innova - changed 4 tyres, rear shocks, front brake pads, will change front shocks next PMS

Grand Starex - changed 2 tyres, front brake pads, half moon valve seal, together with engine cover seal
    good for you!

errr... you have your shocks changed at the casa?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post

Thanks for the reply. Actually, we are only a family of 5. so 5/7 seater MUV is not bad and definitely will not be under powered! I'm a weekend user only by the way. Usual travel to mall, grocery, school and occasional out of town. Namurahan kc ako sa asking nya at negotiable p! from 550 to 490k! / 52 mileage only! BTW, it has a gas engine and a/t.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast