New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    How are your key remotes holding up to the rigors of day to day use? My Innova is now 4 years old and I'm already using my second remote key as the first one is already tattered. Still working but difficult to press the white open and close buttons as the rubber and the plastic padlock logo has already come undone. My second key is also showing signs of the same problem, the white plastic padlock logo separating from the black rubber surround.

Does Toyota sell these remote housing separately?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Hi,

From what I know Toyota will replace that kind of keys (vinyl laminated) with the new no vinyl lamination. Though I'm not sure if after warranty they would also replace it. Better ask your dealer, probably they would replace it as part of recall. They told me that it would only take few minutes to reprogram the new keys.

I was at TMBC a month ago for front shock replacement and they asked me if I had the vinyl laminated remote keys because they will also replace it. It just happened that I already got the new and improve remote keys with separate buttons and no lamination on top.

Good luck,

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    Hi,

From what I know Toyota will replace that kind of keys (vinyl laminated) with the new no vinyl lamination. Though I'm not sure if after warranty they would also replace it. Better ask your dealer, probably they would replace it as part of recall. They told me that it would only take few minutes to reprogram the new keys.

I was at TMBC a month ago for front shock replacement and they asked me if I had the vinyl laminated remote keys because they will also replace it. It just happened that I already got the new and improve remote keys with separate buttons and no lamination on top.

Good luck,
    Thanks Mile! I never got any call from my dealer about the key recall. Great job TPMC

Will call them today to inquire. Hope they replace it even if my unit is waaaayyy over warranty period.

Innova Tattered Remote Key