New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Guy's im planning to sell my Pajero 2.8. Because of it's outrageous gas consumption. I'm planning to get an Innova, on which I never had any history backgrounds on having one. Which Innova would you guy's recommend, i'm after it's low Gas Consumption and still perform's well, durabiliy, reliability. Should i Get the Diesel or the Gas Version? Thanks guy's for your Input.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mfo View Post
    Guy's im planning to sell my Pajero 2.8. Because of it's outrageous gas consumption. I'm planning to get an Innova, on which I never had any history backgrounds on having one. Which Innova would you guy's recommend, i'm after it's low Gas Consumption and still perform's well, durabiliy, reliability. Should i Get the Diesel or the Gas Version? Thanks guy's for your Input.
    sa low gas consumption diesel definitely,durability diesel pa din coz diesel engine is built to be tough,reliabilty kong doubt ka sa d4d go to vvti,performance depende yan kung gusto mo acceleration lamang sympre gasoline but not much pero sa hatakan,long driving,ahunan sa baguio diesel ang panalo+ flood proof pa ang diesel ...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Mine is VVTI, simply because I prefer gas over diesel engine.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    Mine is VVTI, simply because I prefer gas over diesel engine.
    Guys thanks sa mga Reply's, ilang km perliter nakukuha ng Gas version sa citydriving pati sa highway, ilang km perliter nakukuha ng Diesel version sa city at highway? Thanks

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    As per test by C! Magazine on the G variants. It does not mention which transmissions were used.

2.0 vvti
    City Km/Li = 8.4
    Highway km/li = 10.5

2.5 D-4D
    City Km/Li = 10.4
    Highway km/li = 12.9

==============

If you can drive the manual transmission then going for the base variant (J variant) is quite fine as long as you dont miss the power windows, etc and other power functions. The J variant does have power steering, dual aircon (Sanden), vinyl upholstered seats, grey interior color scheme, steel wheels with caps, etc...It shares the same engines with the higher variants.

The next upper variant is the E variant. It comes with power windows, rear wiper, mag wheels (same the as the higher variants), moquette/vinyl combination seats upholstery, grey interior color scheme, driver's airbag, and only available with D-4D engine. Comes with either manual or automatic trans.

The middle variant is the G variant. The interior looks significantly better with the beige color scheme, all beige moquette material for the seats, and wood panelling. Comes with TVSS (alarm), all power, NO Abs, driver's airbag, back-up sensors, Dual aircon (Denso), etc...

The top of the lone is the V variant, which comes with everything plus leather upholstered seats and door panel, driver and passenger airbags, ABS, Captain seats in the second row (cannot be tumbled, though), leather wrapped steering wheel, etc...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The E variant is the best deal. Medyo mahal yung higher variants. The MT model is pretty good, the shifter isn't the best ever, but it's not hard to use.

Around the price level of the G and V variants, you can already get into a Starex GRX, which has much more interior space, a softer ride, and a much better engine (less lag, much more power, much more fuel efficient than the older Starex, to boot, based on my Dad's report of his new Starex's fuel consumption.)

Of course, the Innova drives better, with more body control, but the Starex is a much more effective family hauler.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Mine is 2.0 G VVTI M/T so was my officemate, both of us are getting 10-11 Km/l on city driving and 13-14 Km/l on highways.

My daily route includes EDSA, Commonwealth and Quirino Higway. I usually consumed 7 liters on my 70 Km round trip. MID reading is usually accurate.

If you are not going to use your ride daily and for long trips go for VVTI, or if you are going to use it more, then go for D4d.

I'ved been a diesel user for more than 10 years using Isuzu Gemini 4FB1 and it really gives awesome power and I even run it one time without a battery and that was night driving hehehe I don't have lights on. But I ended up giving up diesel over gasoline fed simply because I hate the smoke it bealches out. I feel more comfortable now using gasoline fed.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    sakin 2.0 G vvti a/t 5km/l lng kaya sa citydriving kahit tipid apak ko sa gas

Which Innova To Get??