New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    My mom's planning to purchase a 2018 Innova E DSL. Hindi pa pala touch screen yung head unit nun. Kung papapalitan ko ba yung head unit (and palagyan narin ng backup camera) bago irelease yung unit, nasa magkano kaya babayaran ko?

Ayoko sana isapalaran na bumili ng aftermarket head unit and back cam sa banawe baka kasi mavoid yung warranty. And for peace of mind na din.

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by small4ward View Post
    My mom's planning to purchase a 2018 Innova E DSL. Hindi pa pala touch screen yung head unit nun. Kung papapalitan ko ba yung head unit (and palagyan narin ng backup camera) bago irelease yung unit, nasa magkano kaya babayaran ko?

Ayoko sana isapalaran na bumili ng aftermarket head unit and back cam sa banawe baka kasi mavoid yung warranty. And for peace of mind na din.

Don't bother with a casa head unit... the toyota dealerships normally carry the AVT units which come on the higher end Innova and Fortuner variants but they aren't very good din.

Super mahal pa ng casa head units, nasa 30-50, and for the same/lower price, you can get a top of the line head unit from a good brand like Pioneer or Kenwood.

What you can do is have the installing shop use proper wiring harnesses to make sure that there is 0 cutting/splicing involved when they are installing your new head unit. Cheapest head units from pioneer will cost from 15k up. If you want nice mirroring features that you don't get on the AVT units anyway, you can go all the way up to 35-40k din, and will still come out cheaper than getting from the casa hehe.

Pag may ipa warranty ka sa sound system, madali lang ibalik sa stock head unit.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by small4ward View Post

If you can wait try mo muna observe unit MO for a couple of months pag wala probmema esp sa electrical / audio that's the time pwede mo na papalitan HU either labas or casa.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Don't bother with a casa head unit... the toyota dealerships normally carry the AVT units which come on the higher end Innova and Fortuner variants but they aren't very good din.

Super mahal pa ng casa head units, nasa 30-50, and for the same/lower price, you can get a top of the line head unit from a good brand like Pioneer or Kenwood.

What you can do is have the installing shop use proper wiring harnesses to make sure that there is 0 cutting/splicing involved when they are installing your new head unit. Cheapest head units from pioneer will cost from 15k up. If you want nice mirroring features that you don't get on the AVT units anyway, you can go all the way up to 35-40k din, and will still come out cheaper than getting from the casa hehe.

Pag may ipa warranty ka sa sound system, madali lang ibalik sa stock head unit.
    Agree. Pamatay presyo ng casa

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    San kaya ok magpa install ng hu na pioneer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by mongolguy View Post
    San kaya ok magpa install ng hu na pioneer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm planning to have the HU changed on our 2 week old Innova as well. Sabi nung lot/inventory custodian ng Toyota Makati, pag nagpainstall sa non-casa ng after market products that involves anything electrical mavovoid ang warranty. He suggests na bilin na lang ung parts na gusto ipakabit tapos sa casa ipa-labor para daw valid pa ang electrical warranty. Any thoughts on this?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ngeshu View Post
    I'm planning to have the HU changed on our 2 week old Innova as well. Sabi nung lot/inventory custodian ng Toyota Makati, pag nagpainstall sa non-casa ng after market products that involves anything electrical mavovoid ang warranty. He suggests na bilin na lang ung parts na gusto ipakabit tapos sa casa ipa-labor para daw valid pa ang electrical warranty. Any thoughts on this?
    well, if the warranty as alluded to by the person you spoke to, is written down on paper, then i suppose it is true.
    be ready to pay, however.

but... marami namang nagpapa-upgrade sa labas ng casa, na wala namang masamang nangyari sa electricals nila.

what would i do?
    nuthin.
    i'm bone-stock.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    I'm planning to have the HU changed on our 2 week old Innova as well. Sabi nung lot/inventory custodian ng Toyota Makati, pag nagpainstall sa non-casa ng after market products that involves anything electrical mavovoid ang warranty. He suggests na bilhin na lang ung parts na gusto ipakabit tapos sa casa ipa-labor para daw valid pa ang electrical warranty. Any thoughts on this?
    This seems logical.

You pay them for your peace of mind.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I doubt papayag ang toyota makati sa ganyan. Last i checked, hindi sila pumapayag na maginstall ng items bought outside

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Some Banawe shops install aftermarket accessories better than dealers ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast