New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    hey guyz i want your opinion sa timing ng 2e engine nang kaibigan ko.We use timing lights pero ang tming mark sa pulley ay malayo at wala sa 0 -10 degree BTDC pero umandar naman ang makina nang maayos at ok rin ang takbo ng kotse.

2. Join Date
    May 2008
    i run my 2E at around 15 deg btdc. this is to compensate for the E10. if i run it at 10 deg btdc as set by Toyota , the fc is down about 25%, the car is sluggish and hesitates specially if the aircon compressor is engaged. tail pipe emits a lot of smoke from unburnt fuel. for carbed engines, the forums on E10 use recommend a slight advance on ignition timing.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Aracad665 View Post
    hey guyz i want your opinion sa timing ng 2e engine nang kaibigan ko.We use timing lights pero ang tming mark sa pulley ay malayo at wala sa 0 -10 degree BTDC pero umandar naman ang makina nang maayos at ok rin ang takbo ng kotse.

the timing mark that you were looking at might be late a few degrees because the crankshaft pulley is also the harmonic balancer. the harmonic balancer is a three part pulley/balancer piece, i.e.; the hub, the insulator/isolator ring that connects to, the pulley which the timing mark is located. in time, the pulley slips back counterclockwise in relation to the hub. to verify the ignition timing, you can be close enough to the proper timing by using a vacuum gauge. the vacuum should be between 18- 21 inHg. if your ignition is mechanical/vacuum advancer, disable the vacuum advance/retard actuator by disconnecting from the vacuum source temporarily while you are vrifying/adjusting the ignition timing. the idle speed should be around 750 rpm to prevent the centrifugal advancer from moving.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    thanks for your replies gentlemen.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    follow up lang po.

pero ung distributor ko ay sagad na ang adjustment per nasa 15deg po ang timing ayon sa timing light. ano po maganda gawin para tumama ung timing?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbro3760 View Post
    follow up lang po.

May tagas pa oil pump mo ??
    Last edited by EE100shiro; October 4th, 2012 at 05:36 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Same car, same problem. Please advice mga bossing. TIA.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbro3760 View Post
    follow up lang po.

pero ung distributor ko ay sagad na ang adjustment per nasa 15deg po ang timing ayon sa timing light. ano po maganda gawin para tumama ung timing?

when you check the timing belt for synchronization, use the belt timing mark on the crankshaft timing belt pulley itself. toyota harmonic balancers have been known to have spun around the hub making the timing mark unreliable. if it indeed had spun, make a new timing mark on the outer ring of the harmonic balancer as the true and corrected mark