New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    hi. Problem ko po sa toyota 1995 big body. twice ko na napa-locksmith ung key dhil nag stuck up sha, nagawa naman, pinapalitan lng ng susi. 1st incidence more than a year ago, 2nd incidence after Ondoy typhoon. Since napa-change ko nun mga October 2009. Ngayon nagka problema na nman. but slightly different. nagturn naman sha sa ACC, ON at nakapag start, i can turn the engine off also pero hanggang dun nlng, mahirap sha matnggal. ang ginawa ko inikot-ikot ko tpos ntnggal, inulit ko ulit bka namalikmata lang ako, pero gnun prin, hrap mtanggal sa pagka-susi. inikot ikot ko ulit tpos mga after 30seconds or so, natnggal ko rin. My worry is, bka next time i use the car (and thats tomorrow) gnun mangyari and this time, matuluyan na na hindi matnggal.

Ano pong suggestion nyo? i mean, where should i go pra ma-fix and totally mawala ung problem? Locksmith/car repair/CASA/ electrical

Please help. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Try to remove the ignition switch assembly from the steering column. Then bring it to the locksmith to fix the key cylinder inside.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by toby_30 View Post
    hi. Problem ko po sa toyota 1995 big body. twice ko na napa-locksmith ung key dhil nag stuck up sha, nagawa naman, pinapalitan lng ng susi. 1st incidence more than a year ago, 2nd incidence after Ondoy typhoon. Since napa-change ko nun mga October 2009. Ngayon nagka problema na nman. but slightly different. nagturn naman sha sa ACC, ON at nakapag start, i can turn the engine off also pero hanggang dun nlng, mahirap sha matnggal. ang ginawa ko inikot-ikot ko tpos ntnggal, inulit ko ulit bka namalikmata lang ako, pero gnun prin, hrap mtanggal sa pagka-susi. inikot ikot ko ulit tpos mga after 30seconds or so, natnggal ko rin. My worry is, bka next time i use the car (and thats tomorrow) gnun mangyari and this time, matuluyan na na hindi matnggal.

Ano pong suggestion nyo? i mean, where should i go pra ma-fix and totally mawala ung problem? Locksmith/car repair/CASA/ electrical

Please help. Thanks!

as with all lock cylinders and door hinges, they need to be lubricated periodically. the keyed locks need to be sprayed with silicone lubricant or WD40 (the former is advisable if you do not want oil stains on your pants). the door hinges, hood hinge, fuel filler door and trunk lid hinges need to be lubricated with petroleum jelly or vaseline with a small brush as an applicator. this save the hinges and the dracula vault noise it gives when it is not lubricated

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Okay po, thank you for all the advise..Will do that immediately

ignition problem