New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    i like the CRDI of the Hyundai for power and torque,,, especially that there are glitches plauging the d4d of Toyota (refer to d4d woes thread), it may be newer but its not suited to our place.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    for me, the hyundai CRDI is much better than the d4d.. because so far, no hyundai CRDI users had any problems with its commonrail, while the toyota innova's has alrrady very bad feedbacks about their D4D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako, i'd go with starex. nothing about the engine. i'd just like the schoolbus space inside. hehehe... big family kasi kami. that would really save fuel money on our part rather than having 2 vehicles to transport us.

korean vehicles have gradually increased their reliability within the past few years. it's just that the dirty diesel we have that's making problems for the crdi engines being sold here. answer to that problem is biodiesel and more frequent changes of fuel filter

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    [SIZE=7] Toyota D4d ka nalang at least alam mo pag 5k na ODO reading mo masisira nato joke [/SIZE]

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Toyota D4d ka nalang at least alam mo pag 5k na ODO reading mo masisira nato joke
    hehhe! cool ka lang sir, maaayos din yng innova mo!

feeling ko.. kng pde lang ibalik/isoli katulad ng grocery ginawa mo na!

peace po tayo!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    How about the CRDi engine of Kia Sorento? Does it have problems with the Diesel fuel here? Baka maselan.

Well as far as I know, wala pang complaints as far hyundai or Kia CRDi is concerned. Wise the sila ano ( Hyundai/Kia). They might not be using the latest technology sa engine but thats because they studied it first before adapting it to their car so no problems will emerge on their model. Unlike toyota, yeah new technology nga engine nila pero kawawa initial buyers since they will be the one to suffer first since their technology is not yet tested especially sa pinas where diesel quality is not good. Yeah they can sort it out but dami muna suffer. I'm afraid na later on, they will issue a recall and it's going to be a big abala sa D4D owners. Ngayon lang pila na sabi nga ng isang kaibigan natin. My friend use Seaoil " Bioexceed " sa Sorento nya and over 9K ODO never have problems. Baka the fact that Hyundai and Kia are using Bosch components/technology kaya good ang engines nila???

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    pansin ko nga nag-iimproved yang mga Hyundai/Kia pati na rin Mazda. may kanya-kanya ng mga pambato tong mga to.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by butchokuy
    pansin ko nga nag-iimproved yang mga Hyundai/Kia pati na rin Mazda. may kanya-kanya ng mga pambato tong mga to.
    Tama ka dre. Infact it was mentioned sa ibang site that Sorento 2.5CRDi got a new technology upgrade. They call it VGT which stands for variable geometry turbo which enhaces Sorento 2.5 engine power from 140hp to 170hp. Di pa yan introduced sa pinas or even sa europe but in korea, it's already available. It's still with collaboration with Bosch company which as I have mentioned before, same company that pioneered this CRD technology.I think even BMW uses some components from bosch company for their CRDi that's why maski dito sa pinas, alang problem ang CRD engines ng BMW even though sabi nga ng iba na di maganda quality ng diesel.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by butchokuy
    Oo nga dapat kasi sorento ang bibilin ko kaso lang 3rd row seats hayan sisi tuloy ako

10. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by apexi_66
    Huwag kang umasa sa supercommonrail that it will be sold sa pinas. Malabo yan kasi patapos na sabi mong "this year".Di nga mabenta yong Alterra ng isuzu na mas mura. What more supercommonrail na yan which I'm sure the price will be ga langit...
    Hmm... Akala ko supercommonrail na yung I-TEQ engine ng Alterra.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Hyundai CRDI engine against Toyota D-4D