New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Hello and Good day to All!

hingi lang po nang advise from our gurus, experts and mechanics on how to check a 2nd hand car being sold from individuals or used car dealers were flooded/ nabahaan/na 'Ondoy'.. i'm considering one if kulang ang pera pambili ang brand new. I'm considering model 2005 and up be it sedan or SUV.. TIA!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    check mo yung under the carpet and dashboard as well as the door sidings. kapag nalubog sa baha yan ng matagal , may mga rust formation na.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    okay maraming salamat. yun din naman nasa isip and check list, how about yung engine performance may signs ba na nalubog sa baha?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If the engine was not run and all the electronics were replaced or cleaned... no.

Look inside the fuseboxes underneath the dash... behind the glovebox... and in the nooks and crannies that can't be reached with a brush. It'll be evident if there was ever any mud there.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Tol minsan pag magaling ang bibilhan wala halos evidence na nalubog, i suggest bring your mechanic and let him inspect the engine

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    but they cannot clean everything. there are foams inside the car like the insulating materials near the engine bay. you cannot clean them thoroughly. also if the car was submerged for several days and not cleaned immediately, most of the metal parts under the dash would have collect rust. since most of these are not painted.

as an example, a friend of mine ask me to retrofit his headlight last month. when i disassambled the front bumper i found traces of mud in the front parts of the car. it was confirmed when the headlight was finally opened.dried mud was found inside the headlight which caused some corrosion inside. but looking from the outside of the headlight, no signs are noted.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    marami2x narin sa check list, kailangan talaga may kasama kang mekaniko. mabuti na rin para ma check lahat2x. thanks a lot guys!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    One of the easiest way para ma determine kung galing sa LUBOG ang auto,is look for the original owners/warranty booklet.magkakasama un pati warranty ng aircon and head unit(stereo).Cguro naman kung 2005 up model ang hanap mo,nasa glove compartment lng lahat un.Second is ung head unit(stereo).kung ang stereo ay d na oem(original) tapos hindi pa hi-end ang ipinalit.Tapos lahat ng rubber weatherstrip sa mga pinto.angat mo lang ng konti un,amkikita mo na kung may traces ng putik.may mga butas kse ung mga rubber na kahit ibabad mo ng matagal,hindi kaya maalis ung putik.

How to spot/ check if the car they are selling is flooded or na-'Ondoy'