New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Hello to all you Toyota folks!

Anyway, I just bought a second hand 03 Camry 2.4V and I noticed that the steering wheel is a bit off center. I'm thinking I need to remove the steering wheel to center it but I have no clue as to how to begin the removal of the steering wheel.

Appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks,
    Philip

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Take it to Toyota, for less problems rather than having the airbag blowing up on your face.... SAFETY FIRST!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've had the steering wheel of my Patrol (with airbag). Removed by my freelancer Jameson. He also did my mom's Patrol and I'm going to take a Lancer to him next week (with SRS also) because of the steering wheel being off center but the tracking and tire wear are ok.

My friends have also tried his services for removing airbags (for servicing, horn repair, and various reasons).

You can find him along Banawe. 09395521116 . He has been doing work for me for more than 10 years already.

Not sure about the price.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by phildg2000 View Post
    Hello to all you Toyota folks!

Anyway, I just bought a second hand 03 Camry 2.4V and I noticed that the steering wheel is a bit off center. I'm thinking I need to remove the steering wheel to center it but I have no clue as to how to begin the removal of the steering wheel.

Appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks,
    Philip
    I don't advise doing that. As long as your underchassis remained untouched since it was new, or was replaced already, it usually points to any of the ff:

1. worn out suspension bushing
    2. worn out stabilizer link and/or stabilizer bushing
    3. worn out rack ends
    4. old/deformed/unbalanced tires

IMHO, you have to have these ones checked before you touch your steering wheel . your steering wheel can actually be centered by adjusting your rack ends as long as it is with the normal range of camber and toe in the wheel alignment machine. a fraction of a turn on the rack ends can actually make your steering wheel off center (which is usually noticed when driving high speed in a straight highway)...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Wow, thanks for the great responses. Will check components first and if everything checks out, I'll take sir Otep's advice.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    I've had the steering wheel of my Patrol (with airbag). Removed by my freelancer Jameson. He also did my mom's Patrol and I'm going to take a Lancer to him next week (with SRS also) because of the steering wheel being off center but the tracking and tire wear are ok.

My friends have also tried his services for removing airbags (for servicing, horn repair, and various reasons).

You can find him along Banawe. 09395521116 . He has been doing work for me for more than 10 years already.

Not sure about the price.
    i used to have a horn problem with my liteace. it was easily solved by sanding of the contact inside the steering wheel. it was easy since it had no airbag.

thanks for this contact, sir. i will have him check my cr-v steering wheel later.

How do I remove steering wheel with airbag - 03 Camry