New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    I read in one of the threads that there was Japan-made Hilux released in the Philippines. Is this true? I think it's the 4x4 version of the previous Hilux? Is this a good 2nd-hand buy or should I go with the present model na 4x2 E? My budget (Php700K) won't get me a brand new Hilux and I'm almost 100% decided na Hilux ang kukunin ko.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    i suggest sa bago ka na sir pangdown mo yan get a 4x2 G hilux mas satisfied ka pa .. ganyan din kami noon pero we decided na bago nalang mas masarap hulugan

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin3000 View Post
    i suggest sa bago ka na sir pangdown mo yan get a 4x2 G hilux mas satisfied ka pa .. ganyan din kami noon pero we decided na bago nalang mas masarap hulugan
    +1 iba pa din ang brand new

we have a 2001 model hilux sr5. ok naman, reliable, low maintenance pwede ding no maintenance hehehe gamit na gamit namin pero wala pa kaming nagiging problema.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    While maganda talaga brand new, yung earlier model ang mas sought after ng nag-momodify nito. mas madali at maraming choices ng aftermarket upgrades than the latest model hilux. if you intend make it a real offroader, get the pre-crdi model. price ranges up to 550k for a 2002 model depending on mileage and condition.
    visit 4x4ph.com if you want to learn more about upgrades.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    +1 brand new

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Thank you for the replies. I never considered getting a brand new unit though, 2nd hand din na new model Hilux ang balak ko if ever.

I think the SR5 is a better fit for me - cost, maintenance, simplicity of machine, purpose. I'll be test driving a 4x2 model of the new Hilux and the SR5 4x4 (kung may mahanap). 4x4 Strada (previous body) na din to kill my curiosity.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    if J kunin mo magstrada ka nalang :D

Hilux Question