New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Do you have any backup vehicle?

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

27.1K _/_/_/_/_/:cow:_/_/_/_/_/

2. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Once we move to Coron, siguro motorcycle lang.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maglagay ka na rin ng mas malakas na busina. Mas useful sa probinsya yan (i.e. 2 sets of FIAMMs). With my previous D4d i replaced the fuel filter every 20,000kms. Mura lang naman yung filter element na OEM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    just bring items enough for 1 service...oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air intake filter, brake fuid, coolant, brake pads?... bago naman unit mo, siguro naman after a month or two nakaikot ka na around the vicinity and makakita ka na ng shop na pwede ka magpa service.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    what car dealer is there in the area?
    that's probably the better brand of vehicle to use there.

have you observed what vehicles abound there? that's probably what you should be using, too.

the logical choice is sometimes not too palatable..

6. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Wala pang car dealer sa Coron, unfortunately. Pero I've seen several Hiluxes na. That contributed to our decision to go with a Hilux.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Your nearest toyota dealer is at puerto princessa, maybe you need also to buy a boat kahit rubberized with 5hp outboard.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Your nearest toyota dealer is at puerto princessa, maybe you need also to buy a boat kahit rubberized with 5hp outboard.
    errr... how long is each trip?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

errr... how long is each trip?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Dunno,maybe 3hrs at 30knots, jst giving the TS an option. He could also hire a mechanic from casa if he's into warranty.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Dunno,maybe 3hrs at 30knots, jst giving the TS an option. He could also hire a mechanic from casa if he's into warranty.
    I'm still learning here. What's TS?

I'll DIY the scheduled maintenance. I used to do the simple stuff like filter and fluid changes and brake pads/shoes on my previous vehicles naman. I don't mind getting dirty.

I've helped a friend change a timing belt on his Ford and I've gone as far as a torque converter swap on my car with the help of a friend. Pero I like the idea of hiring a Toyota mechanic to come to Coron for anything I'm not willing to tackle. Baka mas mura yon kaysa mag ferry ako to Manila or Puerto Princesa. I think ang roro between Manila and Coron nasa P12,000-15,000 each way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast