New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    I think I understand na your situation.

Although it is true that even casa's have their own share of shortcomings, for me, it is still not a good enough reason to forget about the warranty. Dealer shortcomings are also as common as problematic brand new cars since neither are perfect. Honda has leaking roof and paint problems on the All New Civic, Ford has some complaints on their interior noise due to loose panels, plastics and even creaking suspensions on some of their Expedition variants.

Toyota has a multitude of Choking, hardstarting, etc problems on the D4D engine. To say that a Hilux is matibay is fine but remember even a multi-million buck Ferrari goes up in flames.

To the issue naman if the unit is from Thailand or not, I wouldn't care so as long as Toyota gives me the warranty worthy of the price I paid for. In this case, letting go of P1.3M is no joke and if God forbid something mechanical or electrical problem happens within just a year of your purchase, your initial "savings" might just be surpassed by the cost of repairs to be done therefore defeating the purpose of this purchase altogether.

I hope that when you do decide, remember that this can't be just a coin toss. Malayo pa naman ang December so think long and hard.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    dun pa din ako sa may warranty sir. peace of mind na pinag uusapan. dami pa naman electrical/computer component mga bago ngaun...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    sir nismo ,
    pgdating sa engine problems dpat sa casa kc mas nakaka alam sila sa mga d4d problems,pero pg under chasis,electricals or khit mga add on sa accessories,sa labas mo na paggawa,khit change oil pwede mo pggwa sa mekaniko mo,as long as original toyota oil filters gmitin mo,for pms sa labas ko na pina pgwa sa kin,kc kailangan mo pang pumila sa casa tpos kailangan un oil dun mo talaga bilhin sa kanila,no problems sa bagong model na lumabas ngyon,khit back door yan, toyota hilux poa rin yan and same din yan sa mgha nka display sa toyota, brand new...kya mas mura kc d na dumaan sa dealer,un servicing nyan since alang warranty ng casa, pwede mo pa rin paggawa sa kanila,bayad ka nga lang,.kina ganda lang dyan is mura talaga compared to financing..tawaran mo nga lng ng 1.2M CASH...hehehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's your money. If you think you can service it on your own, there's no problem if you want to get a Hilux. The service vehicle I use is also D4d but Japan CBU. The warranty is voided already because the vehicle is maintained in-house. If there's a problem, it's my boss that'll foot the bill already.

But with fellow Tsikoteer's current headaches with his late model Quezon-based Hilux, I wouldn't get a Hilux. Period. But that's just me.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    nismo26, ung bagong HUGE toyota casa dto sa gensan lapit na matapos, baka mas malapit ka dto kesa davao?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hilux na gawa sa thailand ang mga naunang inilabas nila (2 years back)...hindi kaya NEW old stock yung ino-offer sa iyo na hilux? these "older" models din ang alam kong problem-infested ones.

since you are paying at nearly the same amount as the regular brandnew one i highly recommend that you get their latest production instead. just my 2 cents.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    sir nismo,
    me friend ako who bought a hilux from the backdoor and his been using it for over a year now and wla pang probs un hilux nya,sa mge servicing d2 nya lng sa mga friend namin na service center pina pa service no problem sa engine, and also lahat ata ng hilux,innova and fortuner galing sa thailand wala pa atang ibang bansa maliban sa thailand na nag manufacture ng hilux...from the 1st hilux na d4d un latest model galing thailand pti un mga nka display sa casa

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    gud day sir/maam.. tnx sa mga replies... and lets end it here, ive decided to choose the all new 3.2 crdi strada... 4x2 can be shifted to 4x4 while running, rear window can be opend, 2 airbags, my mums always on the front passenger seat.. me warranty na rin..

if porma lang, id choose hilux, but for comfort and safety, i guess strada and besides 3.2 na sya.. i hope i wont have regrets, im planning to buy this month... hope me best.. lamat. God Bless

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    san casa ka kuha bro? gensan casa or davao?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Porma? Strada of course... Pero gwapo rin ang Hilux. Mukhang mud fish lang in some angles.
    iam3739.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Hilux 2007, Thailand or Phil made?