New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    nasubukan ko yun 160(for a slight moment then backed off) sa dmax pero super rev na sya hehehe. and it was noisy and very risky. pero 140 is no problem for the engine. yun topspeed is 180 daw, as claimed in C! Magazine specs... pulling power of the dmax is tremendous, gobs of torque is available.

mukhang ok na ok yun fortuner!!! sana affordable!!! lets pray to the gods of toyota to make it affordable!!!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    *TFR,

Sinagot mo lahat ng tanong ko sa HI-LUX gusto ko din kasing kumuha nun. yun ang gusto ko tahimik ang makina ayaw ko ng puro hiyaw bago ang takbo. sabi mo magbabago ka ng gulong tanong ko lang anong size ang ikakabit mo at anong mods ang babaguhin mo sa suspension.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi-Lux: driver's airbag

D-Max: dual airbags, ABS, EBD, LSD

Ranger: dual airbags, ABS, LSD

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Hi guys. Sorry for the late reply. To answer all your questions. Fuel economy is excellent, far better than my ranger considering it has bigger and more powerfukl engine, my estimate would be around 13-15km/l, but then again its just an estimate since I did not fill the tank fully, and it has a large fuel capacity 70L.I think.

The ride is better than our strada.

I was thinking of putting 32inchers but I think it would need some mod especially on the fron susp to accomodate this and prevent some tire rub. Btw it has double wishbone and coils in front.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    cardo,

Isuzu UK website indicate the Rodeo Denver's (Dmax UK counterpart) top speed is 99mph. thats only 160kph.

when you reached or approaching 160kph, was the exhaust still clean or was it emitting black smoke?

140kph with ease, same with mine. and i measeure fuel consumption is the same when travelling at nlex whether i cruise at 100kph or go some distance at 130-140kph. kinda weird since i was expecting a very noticable drop in fuel economy when travelling over 120kph at 3000rpm. i get est. 12kms/liter from shell edsa balintawak northbound upto shell san fernando.

the new hilux is really something.
    and i asked toyota marikina, they said they will recommend the use of full synthetic oil at 10000km intervals, oil filter change every 5000kms. this could be a factor in its great performance

i use only the mineral oil at 15-40, usually isuzu oil but also helix-diesel, castrol and mobil mx.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    kurt, sorry di ko na napansin and it was early morning in NLEX. kinabahan ako sa bilis hehehe medyo nakakatakot pala yun ganun speed sa ganun kalaking sasakyan hehehe 140 is great but it was awful loud at those speeds. the engine and i guess other factors like wind resistance came in since di naman sports car curvaceous yun pickup hehehe.

with our deisel spacegear pag high revs and high speeds talagang mausok nga. just even reving the van to 3 or 4k... pero un d-max d naman, i guess dahil medyo bago pa. sinubukan ko iparev sa wife ko(her in the drivers seat) while i was at the back and wala naman...

same sentiment with the hilux... parang an ganda ng pickup na yan!!! makes me think of evil thoughts tuloy sana may 4x2 sila na same stance with the 4x4...
    Last edited by cardo; April 28th, 2005 at 10:00 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cardo
    kurt, sorry di ko na napansin and it was early morning in NLEX. kinabahan ako sa bilis hehehe medyo nakakatakot pala yun ganun speed sa ganun kalaking sasakyan hehehe 140 is great but it was awful loud at those speeds. the engine and i guess other factors like wind resistance came in since di naman sports car curvaceous yun pickup hehehe.

with our deisel spacegear pag high revs and high speeds talagang mausok nga. just even reving the van to 3 or 4k... pero un d-max d naman, i guess dahil medyo bago pa. sinubukan ko iparev sa wife ko(her in the drivers seat) while i was at the back and wala naman...

same sentiment with the hilux... parang an ganda ng pickup na yan!!! makes me think of evil thoughts tuloy sana may 4x2 sila na same stance with the 4x4...
    The 4x2 2.7 G Gas variant has the same stance as the 4x4

8. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    oh my gah!!! how much yun 2.7? ba't parang hindi updated yun website ng toyota...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cardo
    oh my gah!!! how much yun 2.7? ba't parang hindi updated yun website ng toyota...
    saw a 4x2 2.7L hi-lux sa thule last weekend, SRP...1,048,000

10. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    paksyet!!! you guys are killing me!!! dang... lately lang ba nilabas yun variant?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Hi-Lux experience