New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    just to add and asked.. can you actually rely on CASA 100%?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If youre La Union based, maybe the Toyota Dagupan dealer can also give feedback.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    sir iggyzaf, we have the same problem. i brought my fort 3.0 to Toyota Baguio last week (Sep 10) and they told me they told me to do "top overhaul", i.e. change overhead gasket and o-rings etc. I refused to have them do it pending a second opinion. Please keep us updated of what you have done with your unit.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    White smoke means associated with water/coolant burning (have a compression test,check cylinder head gasket,radiator leak,warped cylinder head,piston rings) as per post by Tj_abs. High milage na rin pala yan, tingin ko cylinder head gasket na yan, top overhaul na nga.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Hindi naman bumababa yung coolant level ko. Saan nanggagaling yung tubig? my unit is running 75000+ kms. Our old hi lux pickup run for over 250,000 kms without any problems.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Finally got my fort problems fixed. I brought my unit to Denso and they cleaned the nozzles. Now it runs like new again. I'm glad i didn't give in to Toyota's recommendation of getting the engine overhauled. Just goes to show how incompetent the toyota mechanics are.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by trilobyt View Post
    Finally got my fort problems fixed. I brought my unit to Denso and they cleaned the nozzles. Now it runs like new again. I'm glad i didn't give in to Toyota's recommendation of getting the engine overhauled. Just goes to show how incompetent the toyota mechanics are.
    Yun lang?! Wow, incompetent nga if ganyan. tsk
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by trilobyt View Post
    Hi po, I have the same problem, 2006 3.0 D4D toyota Fortuner, 128k Mileage. Excessive White Smoke at startup at slowly blowing White Smoke during acceleration.

Saan Denso niyo po pinacheck and clean? kasi sakin nasa TOyota Abad Santos, I didnt attempt to ask outside, kasi natatakot ako, and ayun, I followed Toyota's recommendation to have 1st step, Compression Test, it passed, 2nd step pinababa Engine for Overhaul, Upon reading forums, Im scared na parang I did the wrong thing, and ngayon natatakot ako na madaming Engine parts ang susuggest papalitan if lumabas results.

Thanks.

Please feel free to comment If I did wrong, or if any suggestions. Thanks.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    kumg pasado sa compression test, bakit kailangan overhaul? May leak ba?

imho, dapat dinala sa ibang shop or like what TS did, bring it to denso. AFAIK denso injectors ng fort

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevin View Post
    Hi po, I have the same problem, 2006 3.0 D4D toyota Fortuner, 128k Mileage. Excessive White Smoke at startup at slowly blowing White Smoke during acceleration.

Saan Denso niyo po pinacheck and clean? kasi sakin nasa TOyota Abad Santos, I didnt attempt to ask outside, kasi natatakot ako, and ayun, I followed Toyota's recommendation to have 1st step, Compression Test, it passed, 2nd step pinababa Engine for Overhaul, Upon reading forums, Im scared na parang I did the wrong thing, and ngayon natatakot ako na madaming Engine parts ang susuggest papalitan if lumabas results.

Thanks.

Please feel free to comment If I did wrong, or if any suggestions. Thanks.
    128,000kms is still low mileage to entail needing an overhaul especially if you have your vehicle serviced regularly, and the basic item there is that it passed the compression test.

Here's the website of the Denso authorized service centers for injector systems. Denso Service Philippines - Crown Common Rail Diesel Center, Inc.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
help po, fortuner excessive white smoke