New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dindy View Post
    mga bro thanks sa mga advice and for the messages. We bought the unit here samay Toyota ortigas pero duon rin nabile ng sister in law ko yung sakanya and so far wala naman problem. Siguro nga na-bingo lang kami. When i read the other post of some of our fellow innova users e mayroon din the same yung problems such as mine although after emailing them, they don't reply. Maybe naayos na yung unit nila or pinabayaan nalang nila.

As much as i would like them to replace the unit, i believe that only BMW replaces their cars once found to be deffective. Not unless may recall pero alam ko they will try to fix everything that is why may 3 year warranty period sila. Sobrang abala lang at hustle lang talaga. The only request lang is to give us a service unit muna if tatagal sa kanila yung innova ko coz alam ko pagaaralan nila ng maige yan.

To other fellow innova diesel users baka naman may kilala kayo the same ang symptoms nung innova nila at na-repair naman. I hope you can give me some alternative.

As of now i already told my service manager na mausok padin after palitan ng fuel injector at EGR last week.I asked them if immediately ba mawawala yung usok? or do we need to rev the engine again to remove excess carbon prior to replacement of parts. Do i need to break in the car again and run it around 150kph just to remove carbon deposits. When we got our unit, the next day we went to Dau and tagaytay just to beak in our innova. I only run it at 120kph max muna. Although yung innova ng sister in law ko when we use it out of town e we usually run in at a speed of 150-165kph. I don't really know now if it is the break in period or lemon lang talaga.

Anyway if there are any feedback or suggestions lalo na sa mga nasa innova club.... most likely madami kayong alam sa innova.

Thanks again!

Din
    Hi dindy,

I don't have suggestions. I am here kasi my family and I are really disturbed by this same problem. Naghahanap ako ng karamay sa problemang ito. Ours is a 2.5 Fortuner. It's really sad. Really.

In fact, dindy, lahat po ng mga pinagawa sayo, yun din ang pinagawa sa amin. Pati yung mga pinalitan po sa unit niyo, yun din ang mga pinalitan sa unit namin. My comment: sayang ang fuel natin. Sayang ang oras natin. Nag-aksaya lang talaga tayo. And I'm inclined to believe that everything will end up to just one solution -- either ECU replacement or UNIT replacement. My family and I WANT the UNIT replacement.

I am bothered by one more thing:
    Thanks this forum, I have learned of three (3) owners na ganito rin ang problema (including you). All three cases pertain to Innova units. BUT ours is a Fortuner. So.. ang daming pumapasok sa isip ko with regards to how our unit was produced. I'm hoping na nagkakamali lang ako.

For you to test the validity of my case, member po ako ng Fortuner Club Philippines. I had our Fortuner's case presented there... And I believe that my dad and Sgt. Pepper (a member here, also an Innova owner na ganito ang problem) will meet on August 29, Friday. May appointment sa casa para ipaayos itong problem na ito.

On second thought, meron po pala akong suggestion: let us not waste our fuel sa pag-alis ng carbon deposits (kuno). It's a waste. As in waste. Waste.

God bless.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Edit: Bakit ganon, everytime I reply palaging double post? Apologies.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    mga bro thanks sa mga advice and for the messages. We bought the unit here samay Toyota ortigas pero duon rin nabile ng sister in law ko yung sakanya and so far wala naman problem. Siguro nga na-bingo lang kami. When i read the other post of some of our fellow innova users e mayroon din the same yung problems such as mine although after emailing them, they don't reply. Maybe naayos na yung unit nila or pinabayaan nalang nila.

As much as i would like them to replace the unit, i believe that only BMW replaces their cars once found to be deffective. Not unless may recall pero alam ko they will try to fix everything that is why may 3 year warranty period sila. Sobrang abala lang at hustle lang talaga. The only request lang is to give us a service unit muna if tatagal sa kanila yung innova ko coz alam ko pagaaralan nila ng maige yan.

To other fellow innova diesel users baka naman may kilala kayo the same ang symptoms nung innova nila at na-repair naman. I hope you can give me some alternative.

As of now i already told my service manager na mausok padin after palitan ng fuel injector at EGR last week.I asked them if immediately ba mawawala yung usok? or do we need to rev the engine again to remove excess carbon prior to replacement of parts. Do i need to break in the car again and run it around 150kph just to remove carbon deposits. When we got our unit, the next day we went to Dau and tagaytay just to beak in our innova. I only run it at 120kph max muna. Although yung innova ng sister in law ko when we use it out of town e we usually run in at a speed of 150-165kph. I don't really know now if it is the break in period or lemon lang talaga.

Anyway if there are any feedback or suggestions lalo na sa mga nasa innova club.... most likely madami kayong alam sa innova.

Thanks again!

Din
    di po kaya dahil sa pagkaka break-in nyo sir kaya umusok? sa pagkakaalam ko po kasi... pag bago pa unit, 80-90kph lang dapat takbo pag break-in... di kaya napwersa ung engine nya kaya umusok?

if you have the time on sat., baka pwede pong sumaglit kayo sa EB ng Innova Club so you can ask the members regarding their personal experiences sa unit nila... marami po kaming members na D4d ang variant.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Kaya ako binenta ko na Innova ko. Sorry to say this pero mas maganda siguro demand mo palitan nila ng gas engine nalang.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    di po kaya dahil sa pagkaka break-in nyo sir kaya umusok? sa pagkakaalam ko po kasi... pag bago pa unit, 80-90kph lang dapat takbo pag break-in... di kaya napwersa ung engine nya kaya umusok?

if you have the time on sat., baka pwede pong sumaglit kayo sa EB ng Innova Club so you can ask the members regarding their personal experiences sa unit nila... marami po kaming members na D4d ang variant.

Hi Liv... regarding the EB, may i ask where the venue is? I am very interested to join and baka may maka tulong sakin duon.... i already just joined the Innova Group but is just waiting for my confirmation sa email.

I don't really know if i made a mistake during the break in period. Although i did run it around 120kph sabi naman ng casa ok lang naman daw yun as long as hindi babad na 120kph.

well i don't really know.... hope you can send me details on the EB

Thanks ulit!

Din

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dedeypi View Post
    Hi dindy,

I don't have suggestions. I am here kasi my family and I are really disturbed by this same problem. Naghahanap ako ng karamay sa problemang ito. Ours is a 2.5 Fortuner. It's really sad. Really.

In fact, dindy, lahat po ng mga pinagawa sayo, yun din ang pinagawa sa amin. Pati yung mga pinalitan po sa unit niyo, yun din ang mga pinalitan sa unit namin. My comment: sayang ang fuel natin. Sayang ang oras natin. Nag-aksaya lang talaga tayo. And I'm inclined to believe that everything will end up to just one solution -- either ECU replacement or UNIT replacement. My family and I WANT the UNIT replacement.

I am bothered by one more thing:
    Thanks this forum, I have learned of three (3) owners na ganito rin ang problema (including you). All three cases pertain to Innova units. BUT ours is a Fortuner. So.. ang daming pumapasok sa isip ko with regards to how our unit was produced. I'm hoping na nagkakamali lang ako.

For you to test the validity of my case, member po ako ng Fortuner Club Philippines. I had our Fortuner's case presented there... And I believe that my dad and Sgt. Pepper (a member here, also an Innova owner na ganito ang problem) will meet on August 29, Friday. May appointment sa casa para ipaayos itong problem na ito.

On second thought, meron po pala akong suggestion: let us not waste our fuel sa pag-alis ng carbon deposits (kuno). It's a waste. As in waste. Waste.

God bless.
    Hi dedeypi, first of all, thank you for responding thru my email. I may not say that i am relieved by the fact that i am not alone with the same problem but this time mas malakas ang luob kong mag demand. It is really sad that we are wasting not only fuel but a lot of effort to solve these problems... to think that we bought a brand new car hoping that we can rely and but our worries.

Yes i read other comments and problems of other innova owners with the same problems and i found 3 also. I tried to get in touch with them and even gave out my mobile number pero after posting e hindi na sila nag comment. It's either naayos na yung unit nila or napagod lang silang kababalik sa casa.

Hope if it is the ECU that causes the problem then i hope they will change it asap. Pinaka ideal talaga na pailitan yung unit pero medyo pessimistic ako na malabong palitan nila unit natin. Kung Recall then better... ngayon kasi parang our problems (black smoke) is not common at bilang na bilang lang ang may ganitong problem.

Mukha ngang ikaw palang ang may problem na D4D na fortuner.... anung sabi sa Fortuner club saiyo after presenting it? I saw a post of sgt pepper and i even asked him how is his unit.

May i ask saan casa kayo magkikita? did you both buy the unit at the same casa? ako kasi sa Toyota Ortigas

Hope you can email me the details para makasama ako or better yet you can text me thru my mobile number 0929-7988468 or 0923-9181384

God Bless!

DIN

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Hi Liv... regarding the EB, may i ask where the venue is? I am very interested to join and baka may maka tulong sakin duon.... i already just joined the Innova Group but is just waiting for my confirmation sa email.

I don't really know if i made a mistake during the break in period. Although i did run it around 120kph sabi naman ng casa ok lang naman daw yun as long as hindi babad na 120kph.

well i don't really know.... hope you can send me details on the EB

Thanks ulit!

Din
    sa Net Square/Ericsson Building parking lot sa D Fort po ang venue ng EB... paki check na lang po ung map sa earlier post ko sa Innova sub forum... naka post din po sya sa photo section sa yahoogroups... kindly confirm your attendance na lang po kung sure kayong makakapunta...btw, here's my cell no. 0917-7955141.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Hi dedeypi, first of all, thank you for responding thru my email. I may not say that i am relieved by the fact that i am not alone with the same problem but this time mas malakas ang luob kong mag demand. It is really sad that we are wasting not only fuel but a lot of effort to solve these problems... to think that we bought a brand new car hoping that we can rely and but our worries.

Yes i read other comments and problems of other innova owners with the same problems and i found 3 also. I tried to get in touch with them and even gave out my mobile number pero after posting e hindi na sila nag comment. It's either naayos na yung unit nila or napagod lang silang kababalik sa casa.

Hope if it is the ECU that causes the problem then i hope they will change it asap. Pinaka ideal talaga na pailitan yung unit pero medyo pessimistic ako na malabong palitan nila unit natin. Kung Recall then better... ngayon kasi parang our problems (black smoke) is not common at bilang na bilang lang ang may ganitong problem.

Mukha ngang ikaw palang ang may problem na D4D na fortuner.... anung sabi sa Fortuner club saiyo after presenting it? I saw a post of sgt pepper and i even asked him how is his unit.

May i ask saan casa kayo magkikita? did you both buy the unit at the same casa? ako kasi sa Toyota Ortigas

Hope you can email me the details para makasama ako or better yet you can text me thru my mobile number 0929-7988468 or 0923-9181384

God Bless!

DIN

Hi Dindy and dedeypi,

Kagagaling ko lang sa Toyota mkt for the appointment that they set para sa problem ng innova ko. Iniwan ko na dun at dadating daw ang TMP(Quality assurer) at representative ng Toyota Thailand para ma check daw ung unit ko. hay naku! sana naman maayos na ang problem ko...Dedeypi, natuloy ba ang dad mo sa casa ngayon? Dindy, san ka casa nagpapa service? Kung mahahabol mo sana ung innova mo at madala mo ngayon sa toyota mkt para alam nila na hindi lang ung saken ang may problem na black smoke at para ma-check din.. Anyway, babalitaan ko na lng kayo pag nalabas na ang innova ko... Thanks

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Sir Din,

I just texted you. Dad ko po ang nagdala ng unit namin. Not very sure kung nagkita sila ni Sgt. Pepper -- but I told my dad to look for him.

Toyota Makati po kami pareho. Sana maihabol po ninyo yung unit niyo. But I'm not sure if you can avail of the warranty since magkaiba po tayo ng dealer.

May isa po akong nabalitaan na 3.0 V Fortuner na umuusok kapag heavily accelerating. But it seems hindi katulad ng sa atin yung case niya -- sa atin po grabe; while I think yung kanya, normal.

Sgt. Pepper,

Natuloy po si dad. Nagkita po ba kayo? Sabi ko po sa kanya hanapin kayo.

Actually, iiwan din po ang unit namin. Sana talaga nagkita kayo ni dad. Baka kasi 'di pa rin palitan yung ECU natin. Kung magkasama po kayo, pwedeng makapagdemand na siguro..?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Sgt. Pepper,

Just got an update. Tama po kayo-- representatives of Toyota Mkt, of TMP, and of Toyota Thailand are having a meeting now. Sana magdecide na lang po na palitan yung UNITS natin!!!

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
HELP!!! My innova D4D Black smoke- pls Help!!!