New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    My new 2015 Hilux came with a GPS capable head unit with a 6.5 inch LCD touch screen, a GPS antenna on the dash, and an SD Card with Philippine maps.

With the SD Card in the slot, I can switch the radio to Navi mode and call up places here in the Philippines, and tap the option to guide me there. However, it doesn't track my current location. It always thinks I'm somewhere in QC. I can go to the GPS Info page and it just shows 0, 0, 0 for lat/lon.

Can anyone help me get it working?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renan205 View Post
    My new 2015 Hilux came with a GPS capable head unit with a 6.5 inch LCD touch screen, a GPS antenna on the dash, and an SD Card with Philippine maps.

With the SD Card in the slot, I can switch the radio to Navi mode and call up places here in the Philippines, and tap the option to guide me there. However, it doesn't track my current location. It always thinks I'm somewhere in QC. I can go to the GPS Info page and it just shows 0, 0, 0 for lat/lon.

Thanks.
    wala bang manual yan dude? ibalik mo sa casa.....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks.
    wala bang manual yan dude? ibalik mo sa casa.....

3. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    The service department guy looked at it. At the Settings, GPS Info screen he double tapped the screen and it entered a diagnostics mode. It showed gps device init fail. He then went to another screen and switched it from COM1 to COM2.

Everything works now. Woohoo!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Crap! The setting is lost when the truck is shut off. The service guy has to go research it.

I'll update again once I find out more.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Crap! The setting is lost when the truck is shut off. The service guy has to go research it.

based on your previous post, nilipat lang sa COM2 yung active connection.
    baka ang default connection is COM1 and hindi nai-save.....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

based on your previous post, nilipat lang sa COM2 yung active connection.
    baka ang default connection is COM1 and hindi nai-save.....

6. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    hi tech ng sasakyan ngayon. may GPS na.. ganda

7. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    I asked if baka sa ibang port dapat yung antenna naka plug. He said isa lang daw yung saksakan. He's going to call the warranty service person for the Head Unit and GPS antenna so naka schedule ako to come back.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Wala siyang nakitang option to save.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    keep us updated sir. yung sa akin hirap din makahanap ng signal. i am not sure if because magic tint ba yung nasa windshield

10. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    I think standard response nila is to blame the tint. When we set it to COM2, it easily pulled in 7-10 satellites with high certainty and another 3-4 at lower certainty. But the tint on my truck is only the top visor style. Not the full windshield.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast