New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    The best you can do is ask Fort 05 owners. Try the fortunerclub forum. Ask mo kung ano na mga napalitan nila. I have 3 friends with 05 to 07 Forts. Yung isa ('05 G 120K+ odo), wala pang pinapalitan kahit gulong at tumatakbo siya ng walang spare kasi nanakaw 2008. Tried his ride, parang bago pa suspension and maayos pa cabin insulation. Yung isa naman, ('06 'G) nagpalit daw siya ng SCV. Ganda pa din suspension. No slack pa din sa steering and acceleration. Yung isa ('07 V 150k+ odo), wala pang pinapalitan pero medjo mausok at mga 2k RPM. Kaka change oil lang 2 months.

Yung sakin, ('11 G 19k odo) so far so good. Dapat lang. Maiinis ako pag may pinalitan na ako at that mileage. Very happy. And one more thing. Tama nga sabi ng ibang Fort owners about suspension. Overtime, lumalambot. Di ko lang sure kung nasanay lang ako or what.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by turboride View Post
    The best you can do is ask Fort 05 owners. Try the fortunerclub forum. Ask mo kung ano na mga napalitan nila. I have 3 friends with 05 to 07 Forts. Yung isa ('05 G 120K+ odo), wala pang pinapalitan kahit gulong at tumatakbo siya ng walang spare kasi nanakaw 2008. Tried his ride, parang bago pa suspension and maayos pa cabin insulation. Yung isa naman, ('06 'G) nagpalit daw siya ng SCV. Ganda pa din suspension. No slack pa din sa steering and acceleration. Yung isa ('07 V 150k+ odo), wala pang pinapalitan pero medjo mausok at mga 2k RPM. Kaka change oil lang 2 months.

Yung sakin, ('11 G 19k odo) so far so good. Dapat lang. Maiinis ako pag may pinalitan na ako at that mileage. Very happy. And one more thing. Tama nga sabi ng ibang Fort owners about suspension. Overtime, lumalambot. Di ko lang sure kung nasanay lang ako or what.
    Thanks for the advise. Filed my registration at Fortuner Club PH already...for more advise.

Ako nman OC sa Change oil and Fluids...on my 2005 Altis every 2 months regardless mag 5k mileage or not. On Diesel, my dad had a Safari and Starex CRDI. He changes oil every 3k mileage....so learned to do the same also.

Googled and saw that the range of the 2008 is 1 to 1.1M...ang 2005-2006 nasa 840k - 900k. Hopefully a 2005 Fortuner V at good mileage and maintenance will be covered by my assumed extra budget of 100-150k for the shock/coil, A/T tires and Engine tiptop conditioning check-up....hehehehe

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by KinKyHOOTER View Post
    Yep will review Ironman...great cuz I am from Bacolod, so I can have my relatives check on the dealer and have it shipped to me.
    The importer is based in Kabangkalan but i'm sure he can get it sent to Bacolod easily or he may have a dealer there.

Just take your time to look around and i'm sure you'll score a properly maintained, first owned 3.0 Fort in one way or another.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Guys, just another scenario...

Instead of a 4x4 V, what if 4x2 G nalang. I know underpowered and all....but if you just get a Berrima spa treatment for the engine and Chip upgrade etc. so to up the engine power. Is this also a good choice? Since 4x2 G is priced less than the 4x4 V.

I am more inclined with the 4x4 V but just thinking of a 4x2 G scenario in my mind....lets say I dont want to fuss around with a 4x4 system.

Thanks

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm... Go for the 3.0L V pa rin. You can mod it for even more power just as well and you'll love the additional 500cc you'll get.

There isn't much fuss with the 4x4 system as long as the vehicle was maintained properly. The costs of maintaining the 3.0L as against the 2.5 shouldn't be much different really AFAIK.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The 4x4 system of the v is also good insurance during foul weather since it is a fulltime torsen unit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
HELP: Buying a pre-owned 2005 Fortuner V (4x4)