New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Hey Guys,

I got myself my new VIOS 1.5G 2010 a few weeks ago and I suddenly noticed that the steering seems a little bit harder to turn today. Perhaps, I'm being paranoid again. Nonetheless, what are the reasons for the steering wheel to be harder to turn?

Thanks and awaiting for your replies!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    baka po hind na nagwowork ng maayos yung power steering pump

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    electronic na yan sir.. EPS.. pa check nyo muna yung fuse nyan.. or dalin nyo po sa dealer para ma warranty sir.. or check the tire pressure sir

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    it uses a motor to power the steering...

tip: don't turn the wheels while stepping on the brakes when the car is not moving... when parking, maneuver the car while moving a little to help the wheels steer

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    it uses a motor to power the steering...

tip: don't turn the wheels while stepping on the brakes when the car is not moving... when parking, maneuver the car while moving a little to help the wheels steer
    Ah ok. Thanks for the tip yapoy! So do you think I have any problem regarding with my power steering?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    well if your ps is really defective, turning the steering will be very heavy... but still observe.. since your ps is electronic it might have intermittent problems especially with the control unit

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by josefarrugia View Post
    Hey Guys,

I got myself my new VIOS 1.5G 2010 a few weeks ago and I suddenly noticed that the steering seems a little bit harder to turn today. Perhaps, I'm being paranoid again. Nonetheless, what are the reasons for the steering wheel to be harder to turn?

Thanks and awaiting for your replies!
    Bring it to your Toyota Dealership for check up.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    your car is still under warranty. bring it to the casa. they should fix it for free. and don't make kutingting! you will void the warranty that way!
    yes, it could be any of those mentioned above, tire pressure etc. but it be best the casa see it. they might end up saying your tires are underinflated. or it's just a busted fuse. but hey! play it safe and bring it to the casa. It's free!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    your car is still under warranty. bring it to the casa. they should fix it for free. and don't make kutingting! you will void the warranty that way!
    yes, it could be any of those mentioned above, tire pressure etc. but it be best the casa see it. they might end up saying your tires are underinflated. or it's just a busted fuse. but hey! play it safe and bring it to the casa. It's free!
    Thanks. I am planning to bring it to the MJ Cuenco Toyota Service Center here in Cebu tomorrow ;)

Hard Steering