New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I noticed a grinding metal sound twice today.

First instance was while I was going down an inclined parking ramp. I was stepping on the clutch and brake at the same time when I felt a grinding sound at the front/mid section of the car.

Second instance was when I depressed the brakes (flat surface) and the car sort of hesitated and I felt the grinding metal again.

My car is still on warranty but I want to understand what is going on so I could be more specific with the casa on what they should check.

Could it be possible that my car was flooded during Ondoy and was just rebuilt by Corolla and sold as brand new? I am being paranoid already because 3 months is way to soon for my car to have problems. Also, is it safe to drive the car?

My old Lancer had similar symptoms and its sakit was the transmission. Could it be the same with my Altis?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    In all likelihood its the transmission. I often experienced it especially on inclines requiring me to step on the gas pedal more. Have it checked by Toyota (Toyota Pasong Tamo has excellent service IMHO);

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Transmission problems on a 3 month old car

Is your car also an Altis? I bought my Altis at Pasig, can I still bring it to PT to claim warranty?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    rust could have formed overnight on the brake rotor, a few turns of the wheel will removed it. yun tranny sound...hmmm, could be the release bearing, is it present all the time? if you hear it during the travel down an incline then it could be your tranny supports. all "could be" Ma'am...hehehehe.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    have it checked immediately.. although my car is not an Altis (vios yung sakin), i experienced that same grinding sound in my brakes... my car is only 6 mos old.. service supervisors of toyota said that "maybe" my breaks got worn out. but if you read between their lines (and the manner they have said it) one could see that they really dont know its casue nor have any legit explanation for it.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Toyota Recall? Lol.

Just have it checked. Its very difficult to diagnose thru the forums.

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    Its either brake or transmission... Either one madali naman palitan ng toyota yan kasi Manual tranny naman(If they can diagnose it)... Kasi kung pasulpot sulpot ang grinding sound baka hindi ka paniwalaan ng SA ng Toyota... just my guess...

Buying brand new cars now a days is like buying 2nd hand car with warranty, you have to check everything before you accept the car ... Just my opinion..

Grinding Metal Sound on 3 Month Old Altis