New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Hi Guys,

How do you solve fortuner ride problem, para akong pagod lagi pag fortuner gamit sa EDSA is it because of its suspension how do you solve this issue? Can we modify/change the suspension ?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    My mga nabasa ako sir na pinalitan nila ng rancho brand yata mga suspension. Search mo sa ibang thread.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    You could go to any 4x4 shop like 199 Offroad House or Rats 4x4 and ask for coil springs with a lower spring rate if there are any. You'll also need to change the shocks to match the springs. Problem is, normally aftermarket coils are stiffer and taller (for SUVs).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Did those O-sullee things work on the Fort?

I'd probably upgrade shocks (Old Man Emu) first.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mikes511 View Post
    Hi Guys,

How do you solve fortuner ride problem, para akong pagod lagi pag fortuner gamit sa EDSA is it because of its suspension how do you solve this issue? Can we modify/change the suspension ?
    Old Man Emu is good. Kaya lang mahal.
    shortcut solution, magkarga ng isang sakong buhangin sa likod.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Bilstein has a comfort shock just for the fortuner. Not sure which shop carries this now. Contact bilstein philippines on fb.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Did those O-sullee things work on the Fort?

I'd probably upgrade shocks (Old Man Emu) first.
    Personally I don't think they work, if ever maybe just for a short while. The springs should destroy them in no time. A shock upgrade on the facelifted version might be enough, but the 1st gen has really stiff springs. Way too stiff even when fully loaded. Road biased P-rated tires would also help.

Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Bilstein has a comfort shock just for the fortuner. Not sure which shop carries this now. Contact bilstein philippines on fb.
    I'm very curious about this, Bilstein worked wonders on the new Fort too, I'm told.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    Old Man Emu is good. Kaya lang mahal.
    shortcut solution, magkarga ng isang sakong buhangin sa likod.
    Tapos next problem, how to improve FC and power of Fortuner kasi mabigat yung kargang sako ng buhangin sa likod. :rofl:

Re. Old Man Emu, we've had good experience with this on our 1st gen Everest and LC80. Mahal nga lang talaga. Now we use Iron Man.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Hi Guys,

How do you solve fortuner ride problem...?
    you buy something else.

10. Join Date
    May 2019
    Hi Guys,

I have a 2017 fortuner and I tried on cold tires 24 psi in front and 25 psi at the rear and it DRAMATICALLY changed the ride comfort by A LOT. I drive by myself, and don't use my vehicle for any loads. The tire pressures should increase by 3 to 4 psi when rolling in this hot Philippine weather. The tires do not look like it is deflated at all when cold ( meaning acceptable visually ). The placard on the driver side pilar says 29 psi front and 29 psi rear as standard. I was able to avoid spending 80k for bilsteins. Try this. Invest on a tire inflator (ace hardware), 2k at the most for the best one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast