New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    A Pleasant day to all!!!
    I'm a newbie here and just wanted to hear from all of you.
    I own a toyota corolla xl '97 big body which i'm driving since january this year and from that time i'm filling it up with unleaded gas until recently i noticed that Petron and Shell's Unleaded gasoline has bio-ethanol and i read it (hope i'm correct) recommended for fuel-injection engine, i believe my car is carburator type. Is there any other gas station that offer pure unleaded gasoline because i notice a different sound on my car since i'd used unleaded with 10% bioethanol (it's like a hollow sound on the engine). Thanks!!!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hello sir good day!

I do also have a Corolla XL 96 model. Since 1996 and from the day I bought it, the fuel that I am using is unleaded and since, almost all gas stations here ( esp. the BIG 3 ) which have Unleaded Gasoline, are mixed up with 10% Bioethanol which is not applicable for our car. ( Oh BTW, I do gas up at petron only )

Since the day that I do found out that there are no any available Xtra Unleaded ( pure) in any petron gas station\, I decided to gas up my corolla with XCS plus which made my car, more faster.

So sir, since we have the same cars, may I recommend you other gasoline types. ( i.e. XCS Plus, ) rather than looking for a pure Unleaded gasoline.

HTH

:book:

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Thanx renzo, but i think xcs is lot expensive than ordinary unleaded, is xcs from petron? well, maybe i should try it and put extra on my gasoline budget. Hope, there are still gas station that offer pure unleaded gasoline.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I use XCS or TOTAL Protec. Mas hiyang yung car ko sa Protec which is cheaper than XCS. Both are RON 95.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rejieah View Post
    Thanx renzo, but i think xcs is lot expensive than ordinary unleaded, is xcs from petron? well, maybe i should try it and put extra on my gasoline budget. Hope, there are still gas station that offer pure unleaded gasoline.

No problem sir. ; More expensive? Yup, by a peso lang naman ata, so it's not that big ; XCS plus is from petron sir.

:book:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It may be more expensive but consider the following:
    - Repairs from damages that may be brought about by the prolonged exposure of your engine to the ignition detonation you're experiencing may be more expensive.
    - Observe your fuel efficiency. With our Nissan Sentra before, we observed a better efficiency in the consumption when we used XCS so as that it actually offset the additional cost.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Pwede mo rin i-try yung caltex silver 93 octane rating tamang tama lang sa 1.3 big body corolla at yun yung nakalagay sa manual na tamang octane for 1.3 big body, di pa rin ako naka try nung e10 dahil sabi nga di sya pwede sa carburator type so mahirap na baka masira pa makina, kaya lang naisip ko kung lahat na ng gasoline may halong e10 pano na tayong mga naka carborador?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    hello there!

i also own a big body corolla --- 95 GLi to be exact.

i'm currently using shell super premium since i get more mileage with it unlike caltex gold & petron xcs. i think e10 fuel is not compatible with our ride. but if you do use it, check your fuel lines for the e10 fuel may cause leaks. i do recommend you use premium gasoline since the price does not have that much difference with unleaded gasoline.

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Guys, how about the Toyota Coralla 97 XE, carborador ba rin?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    thanx vinj, the're really lot to be consider, it will much headache i guess if i continue on using unleade with bioethanol.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Fuel for Toyota Corolla 97