New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Overall is best performance,comfort,ride. But the problem is Gas variant is gas guzzler.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    hi guys,

pinalitan ko ng all denso iridium sparks and full-syn oil from TDM (toyota dasma) yung 2004 revo glx namin and consumption went up from 8.5 to 9 kms/ ltr upto 9.5 - 10 kms/ltr on shell unleaded driving most of the time here in cavite area.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    yup...malakas talaga yung revo gsx a/t...but I'm averaging about 10kms/l on mixed dirving modes.

to make the most of my fuel:
    > follow the PMS schedule religiously
    > slightly overinflate my tires...just 1 to 2 psi more than recommended
    > avoid heavy braking and sudden stops which means I drive defensively
    > accelerate before I get on an incline (flyovers and parking ramps) and take my foot off the gas pedal when going downhill and pressing on the gas again when the road levels off
    > at one point, I put duct tape over the panel gaps (the gaps on the revo are huge compared to other toyota products) but had to take it off when people thought the panels were coming off
    > lowering the thermostat settings
    > driving an AT is so much different from a manual, so during a drive I press the accelerator by about an inch then back off again by about hald an inch for a few seconds and then press again....and so on.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    mines is 6 to 7km/l lang din, but as everbody says, it wont let you down... 7 years na sakin ito,ala pa akong pinapalitan man lang sa pang ilalim... regular change oil lang... gamit pampamilya saka pangkargahan ok lang ahehehehe

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    7 years na rin revo namin. mixed hiway/city driving. taga cebu po ako. dlx 1.8 manual yung revo namin. lowest i got was 6 km/l, highest was a 10km/l. only replacement i could remember was a leak holding the clutch fluid. regular oil change din.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    bro,
    i ride a revo SR 2002 M/T 1.8 liters gas. fuel efficiency is 9-10km/liter. my ride is 88km every working day 90% h-way and 10% city drive. it is now running with 140,000 kms.
    i still love my revo.

thanks

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Eto po yung na-gather na data from the members of Toyota Revo Owners club sa yahoogroups.

**Revo 1.8 gas MT = 6-7km/L (city); 8-12km/L (highway)
    **Revo 1.8 gas AT = 5-7km/L (city); 8-10km/L (highway)
    **Revo 2.0 gas MT = 5-6km/L (city); 7- 10km/L (highway)
    **Revo 2.0 gas AT = 3.5-6km/L (city); 6- 9km/L (highway)
    **Revo 2.4 diesel = above 10km/L

As for my experience, mine is a 5 year old diesel and naglalaro siya around 10 km/L city driving.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    As for your other questions pala, I concur with everyone na ride is comfy. In fact, this is one of the main reasons I bought a revo over the adventure and xwind. Maraming nagsasabi na eto yung pinaka-comfortable among the three when I did my research here in tsikot 5 years ago.

About sa top speed, my 5 year-old diesel can go up to 140 km/h with full-load pero burst lang kasi medyo hindi na safe and advisable yung ganitong speed sa revo if you maintain it sa highway pero you can easily maintain a speed of around 100 to 110 which is more than enough sa speed limits dito sa atin.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Friends,
    We bought our Revo GL Diesel more than a year and have logged about 30,000 kms averaging 11 km/liter over a mixed 70% city/ 30% highway. We travel from Cainta bringing our kids to school and back. Highway portion is along Felix Avenue and Quezon Avenue where we can reach 5th gear. Otherwise, its mostly up to 4th gear only.
    Used it once to go to Malolosa, Bulacan passing the NLEX and I got 16 km/liter. I was traveling mostly at 100km/hr.
    Its a good buy.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Friends,
    We bought our Revo GL Diesel more than a year and have logged about 30,000 kms averaging 11 km/liter over a mixed 70% city/ 30% highway. We travel from Cainta bringing our kids to school and back. Highway portion is along Felix Avenue and Quezon Avenue where we can reach [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]5th [COLOR=blue ! important]gear[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]. Otherwise, its mostly up to 4th gear only.
    Used it once to go to Malolosa, Bulacan passing the NLEX and I got 16 km/liter. I was traveling mostly at 100km/hr.
    Its a good buy.
    Its good that you bought the diesel variant, un gas variant namin ang sarap itapon na hehehe halos malapit ng maging Expedition lumaklak ng gas...im estimating around 6km/liter lng samin city driving

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Fuel Consumption of Revo