New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    guys,
    question lang po. ano po kaya ang FC ng toyota hilux LN106 3L engine. wala po kasi sa thread ng FC database. thanks.. planning to purchase one kasi..

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    MY 3L with 33x12.5x15 steel rims regeared diffs run 6-7 on city, 10-12kms/liter hiway. I drive hard with it though, could be better.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ln106ron View Post
    MY 3L with 33x12.5x15 steel rims regeared diffs run 6-7 on city, 10-12kms/liter hiway. I drive hard with it though, could be better.
    i just purchased hilux ln106. but as computed it can only do 8.4 km/li. 31x10.5x15 safari rims lang naman ung goma ko. what could be the problem? i'm expecting a descent 12 km/li..

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Could be out of shape. I use OEM AIR and FUEL filters and Timing Belt.. Used other brands before and the lux moves like ANEMIC. Then after switching to OEM, engine runs smooth,better power . Driving style also affects mileage, try running it at just 2k rpm all the time and you might even get 10-12kms per in mixed city driving. Regular 5K oil change using mobil delvac MX and proper tire pressure ( 30psi:hard ride but good mileage ).

Hope this helps

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ln106ron View Post
    Could be out of shape. I use OEM AIR and FUEL filters and Timing Belt.. Used other brands before and the lux moves like ANEMIC. Then after switching to OEM, engine runs smooth,better power . Driving style also affects mileage, try running it at just 2k rpm all the time and you might even get 10-12kms per in mixed city driving. Regular 5K oil change using mobil delvac MX and proper tire pressure ( 30psi:hard ride but good mileage ).

Hope this helps
    ok sir thanks. BTW, i noticed na sa loob ng air cleaner box ung air filter mismo ay may round plastic enclosing the air filter half-way with palikpik thing at the end. is this original part of the design? baka kasi nilagay lang ng may-ari, one of those after-market tipid gadgets..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    pagkakaalam ko you can only achieve 12km/liter on a Vios. Sa taon ng sasakyan na gusto mong bilhin nasa 8km/liter lang yan. Di pa uso ang 12km/liter that time.

Fuel consumption of 1994 Hilux LN106