New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Hi sirs. Sorry if my concerns may have been addressed in other threads but I can't find any answers and I'm about to close a deal for a new Totoya Vios 1.5G AT for 745K through a bank loan.

I asked Toyota Batangas, Pasong Tamo, Makati and Alabang. Much as I hear so many horror stories about TAI (service-wise), they offered me the nicest deal, the best of which is free one-year comprehensive insurance (I get to choose between People's, Standard or Mapre). Even better, they are giving me a 5K gas coupon and install 3M tint. The most I could get from the others is either a 5 or a 10K discount (apart from the standard 20K discount offered by all dealerships).

The big question before the big plunge: Is there any catch to this? The other dealers I talked to are amazed/aghast at how TAI could offer free insurance and belittled it by saying they will do a lousy (cheap) job fixing my car in case it gets into an accident. (I got my Starex from Hyundai Alabang last December and I also got free comprehensive insurance, so I really think it's possible to get it as a freebie).

Any tips you can give me sirs? I know I need to make sure I get 0.5% participation fee in the insurance policy. A friend from an Insurance company says Mapre would be the best among the three.

What else am I missing here? Thanks for your help!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    maybe hindi na nila bibigay yung standard 20k discount like other dealers, just verify to be sure pero pag meron parin 20k and free comprehensive insurance that's really a good deal na. pa service mo nalang sa other dealer.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    pwede mo naman i pasok kahit saang casa yan basta naka comprehensive ka.. so kung free compre sa TAI.. eh di go for it.. baka magbago pa isip nyan!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tama... free na eh... get it from there para wala na ding hassle.
    on your second year, get it outside... Mafpre is ok..

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    check mo na lang yung compre na binibigay.. magkano participation? cover ba acts of god?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    check mo na lang yung compre na binibigay.. magkano participation? cover ba acts of god?

Thanks for all the inputs sirs. I'm getting 0.5% participation cover. And thank you for asking about acts of God (nature). I certainly would want that included and even would pay extra for it, if ever. My Kia carnival's computer died on me when I stalled in a flooded street (Milenyo's fury) and spent a fortune to make it run again.

Free Comprehensive Insurance for New Toyota Vios