New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    to all fortuner 2.5 diesel owners. ok ba performance?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    hi guys...

i will get my fortuner tomorrow..sadly i can not give any info regarding its performance..but what made me choose fortuner 2.5 above the rest is because of the fortuner 3.0 great performance...i happened tot est drive it in bicol for 7 days and i can not say anything against it..why choose 2.5 then!! kulang na sa budget, and i dont need 4x4 so far...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As per the D4d thread, you will get to know your dealer so well you'll be calling each other on a first name basis

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT but quite funny, from a thai forum:

Bung
    2006-08-09 09:12:55
    QUOTE(Thaicoon * 2006-06-25 18:14:02)

I am also going to buy a new fortuner later this year, as the Wife will not travel in my Isuzu Highlander, she has found out the Mia Noi has been sitting in her seat, s h i t happens.

Are you seriously going to buy a new ar because your mia noi sat in the seat and now your wife won't sit in it?

Oh dear. you could always offer her the rear seat? Or the pick up bed?
    F1 Visa Runner
    2006-08-09 12:53:00

Mia noi`s are quite expensive aren`t they!
    I remember my ex girlfriend saying the same as I took one of my cars to Bk and parked it permanent at the appartment I had there.

Quote her;
    "If I ever find out that you`ve had a gik or mia noi in my seat I will never put my ass in that seat again, period! "

Guess they got some issues over the seat thing

So to all you guys love having a gik also remember to go for the maximum % on the film when putting that onto your cars windows.

* i had to read it again before i got the meaning of Mia Noi

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    * i had to read it again before i got the meaning of Mia Noi

I still cant!!! Sorry kinda slow.. Hehehe

Mia Noi??

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    OT na 'to... But, here it goes, anyway...

Mia Noi is the Thai name for Concubine.

Powerful and rich Thai men sometimes have a "MIA NOI", a second unofficial wife. The man supports everything for her, including her children. But, in front of society she is not recognized. Powerful and influential thai men don't divorce, but can unofficially have several minor wives. As long as he takes care of all of wives, it is tolerated. This, of course, is the Thai male point of view.

In 2001 a study of 80 Thai men led by a Thai hospital revealed that at least 25% of Thai men are polygamous, particularly during the ages of 30-50. The study concluded one in every four married men in Thailand, mostly businessmen, has a minor wife or wives. The study showed that most women who become minor wives do so because they have become dependent on men and feel they do not have to work hard to be financially stable. Most of this group of women were aged 20-30 years and were college graduates. The study showed that 33% of all minor wives had problems of insecurity, while another 33% were lured into the situation by men who lied about their marital status. Most women wanted to end the marriage after learning about the minor wives, most men did not want to divorce their first wife.

"mia noi" - could be a married or unmarried woman.
    Last edited by vicoyski; August 28th, 2006 at 04:49 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Thanks Sir Vic for a bit of new info..

Mas mataas cguro percentage ng mga pinoys if the practice there will be tolerated here.. Hehehe ... Makahap nga na Mia Noi... Joke

Sorry din sa OT / nacurios lang...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    pls ask your dealer about the 2.5 d4d problems. i have a friend who had problems with his 2.5 fortuner.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    hi docglen
    i already did..sbi nila na fix na raw ng planta...so far mine and sa friend ko ok naman..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    wow sarap naman pala dyan sa thailand open-minded mga tao. dami magaganda and ***y dyan sa Bangkok ah, yun nga lang di gano marunong mag-english.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
fortuner 2.5 d4d owners