New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Is it worth it putting an intercooler upgrade for my new Fortuner 2.5D A/T? I'm seriously considering the one offered from SpeedLab.

SpeedLab Toyota D4D Front Mount Intercooler

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If the price is agreeable with you, yes get one.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you're looking for more HP gains down the road, then by all means go ahead. Since you're already there, you may as well upgrade with a Unichip, alcohol injection, etc. if you have the budget.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    If you're looking for more HP gains down the road, then by all means go ahead. Since you're already there, you may as well upgrade with a Unichip, alcohol injection, etc. if you have the budget.
    for me, i'll probably start with Alcohol Injection -> Intercooler -> Unichip.

Alcohol Injection is more useful in my humble opinion since it will keep your manifolds clean. it also adds power.

hopefully dvldoc can give his 0.02 on this matter hehe

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Possibly a Unichip and an Intercooler can get you about 20-25 more hp... just enough to cure the Fort 2.5 of its inherent sluggishness.

Alcohol injection should be good for another 5-10 hp (not sure you can get big gains on a motor that... constrained), but it's a sometimes only boost (Only boosting power when you remember to fill the reservoir... hehehe). Nice to have, but only for occasional use.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The i/c is a non moving part with minimal maintenance and mods.

Need to save up for an i/c on my Yota. That turbo is really heating things up.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Fortuner 2.5 D Intercooler Upgrade