New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Its finally here but Toyota is still mum on it because it hasn't been officially launched yet.

I saw Toyota's main spread ad today (Aug 22, 2008) in the newspaper. In one part of the ad extolling TMPI's efforts in expanding its production in the Philippines, an Innova is shown being assembled in their Sta. Rosa plant. To the untrained eye, it looks like the same Innova everywhere. But upon closer scrutiny it is very evident that this Innova is sporting the same new parts spotted on Innova test mules in Indonesia. This is definitely the new Innova.

No wonder as of yesterday (Aug 21,2008), Toyota did not display an "old" Innova in the 2nd PIMS. If they don't truck over this facelifted Innova by this weekend then TMPI might be launching it locally at a later date (hopefully not next year).

(TOP)Scan from Toyota's newspaper ad. Notice the new alloy wheels design. Also notice the masking area in the headlight and tail light area as well as the front and rear bumper area.(BOTTOM LEFT)Test mules from Indonesia for comparison.(BOTTOM RIGHT)Notice the alloy wheel design. This is actually same design found on "V" variant Innovas sold in Thailand, Indonesia, India, etc... It seems new to us, but its been around in other market since the Innova's initial debut three years ago.

(TOP)Scan from Toyota's newspaper ad. Its not so clear, but notice the bottom part of the hatch door. It has a bumper extension, same as the test mules from Indonesia. (BOTTOM) Test mules from Indonesia for comparison.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    come september they are releasing the face lifted hilux, innova, and fort expect 10k to 20k increase in price.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Nice nice!! The rims look suave

So I'm guessing that after they launch it here, the 'all new' bodied variants all the way up to the Fort and Hi-lux line will be introduced in 2-3 years time - typical Toyota fashion

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Did you mean this???

Rear View...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    not much of a change though(externally)
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    ask lang po ako.. cause were planning to buy an innova... Kailan po ba lalabas ang 2009 innova dito sa pinas?

7. Join Date
    May 2008
    parang same yung alloy wheel design niya with that of the 2009 Honda City....

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by albriones View Post
    ask lang po ako.. cause were planning to buy an innova... Kailan po ba lalabas ang 2009 innova dito sa pinas?
    probably by october this year.. price increase upto 40k..

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    My best guess, this will come out Dec. this year (bec. Toyota has a promo on their current Innova until Nov 30) or even early next year.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    laki naman siguro ng difference sa price ng facelifted at ng luma kung me price increase pa ito, kasi yung luma me discount pa eh, baka umabot ng 100k ang diperensya

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Facelifted 2009 Innova here in the Phils. already!