New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2013
    Hi,

In about a month we'll be getting a 2.5G A/T Fort. I've been reading about EGR blanking and am thinking of doing the mod as early as possible. In fact, if it were up to me, I'd have it fitted before leaving the dealership. Still, I have a few questions gor those who've done it(on a fort or other d-4d equipped toyota).

1. Have you ever gotten a CEL go off or a crash into limp mode post-EGR blank?
    2. I'm planning to DIY the plate fabrication and install, any ideas what material would be best for this?
    3. Is the blanking detectable during an OBD scan(warranty concerns)?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We blank the egr on the patrols so that the cel will not go on (due to excess carbon build up in the manifold).

The blanking if done properly cannot be detected by a computer scan or even a technician looking into the engine unless he disassemles it.

Try getting in touch with sir jun, the owner of diesel king malabon diesel, he is our go to guy for egr blanking. They service the d4d vehicles of nlex and other fleet accounts.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Dependent ang computer scanning sa sensors, as long as your sensor readings will not be affected by your modification, it will not be detected by a computer scan.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mas nagkaproblema pa kami sa sensor when the egr blanking plate failed, the carbon fouled up the egr sensor and sent the vehicle into limp mode. A new blanking plate solved it.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Doc paano nagfail yung blanking plate?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mahina yung bakal na nagamit namin, natunaw ng hot exhaust gas so nag-recirculate ulit ang exhaust.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Mahina yung bakal na nagamit namin, natunaw ng hot exhaust gas so nag-recirculate ulit ang exhaust.
    Eventually anong metal ginamit doc? Sa akin G.I. sheet lang yata ginamit e. But have to check again cause may water injection na ako. Baka nangalawang na.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Steel plate ata. Hehe. Isip ko nga lagyan ng hitemp primer pr paint baka makatulong

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    congrats TS for the new fort, ingat sir research more if your fort is with VNT, from my understanding it has no wastegate unlike the previous turbo, vane type turbo is dumping mechanism to the EGR system you may CEL from blanking this,

MIne is innova 2.5D, same engine 2kd-ftv different tweak from fort, i blanked initially with stainless steel plate, result smooth acceleration, i did not clean the EGR as the tube that connects from exhaust to EGR had not so much soot.

tools and materials need:

socket wrench with extension 4" and the other one long enough to crawl parallel to the intake manifold.

steel plate

what i did
    1. disconnect battery wait atleast 15 min, for me
    2. remove the engine design cover and its bracket
    3. remove plug near the exhaust side of the EGR tube.
    4. unscrew bolt at EGR side and nuts at engine side.
    5. cut the steel plate pattern to the gasket, much easier than pattern that holds the tube.
    6. depending of what size of your steel plate that can sandwhich to the tube or totally delete the tube very thick plate advisable is 5mm;
    install the plate. and redo in reverse order the above procedures.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    sir hindi po ba lalakas sa diesel kapag nag blanking plates ?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
EGR blanking a D-4D