New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Hi All,

i know this is a silly question, but i hope you'll humor me and post your personal experiences...

Has anyone tried to drive an Avanza on rough roads, e.g. rocky dirt roads, farms, hillsides, etc? How was the experience?

i know a lot of people still use multicabs in the provinces, and i know that some of them are 4x4...but i got it in my head that if a multican can handle it, then perhaps an Avanza can too.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Basta alalay ang speed mo ok naman, and better kung me pasahero ka, pag solo hindi mo ramdam na gumagana ang shocks.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    ok naman.. alalay lang.. been to Laiya Batangas before they had the cemented road.. ok naman.. tsaka araw araw ako sa edsa rough roads.. hehehe

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    I see. A friend gave me a tour of thei farm last week, medyo undeveloped pa as the roads were rocky and muddy from showers. Me steep inclines, i'd estimate 70 degrees or more, leading to/from the farm.i won't be driving there anytime soon, but it did make me think about the "go anywhere"-ness of the avanza.

He was all praises for his isuzu pickups, and recommended i get one...but the fact is city boy ako, and a pickup doesn't sem to be the best fit 99% of the time

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    ok naman.. alalay lang.. been to Laiya Batangas before they had the cemented road.. ok naman.. tsaka araw araw ako sa edsa rough roads.. hehehe
    tama ito. Driving on EDSA seems like being offroad hehe.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    kaya madalas pag ako lang pupunta sa MOA,
    iniiwan ko lang sa trinoma. sakay na lang ako MRT
    para iwas na sa trapik iwas pa sa rough road. :D

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    someone said, kung natatagtagan ka, maglagay ka na isang sakong bigas sa likod..
    heh heh.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    I see. A friend gave me a tour of thei farm last week, medyo undeveloped pa as the roads were rocky and muddy from showers. Me steep inclines, i'd estimate 70 degrees or more, leading to/from the farm.i won't be driving there anytime soon, but it did make me think about the "go anywhere"-ness of the avanza.

He was all praises for his isuzu pickups, and recommended i get one...but the fact is city boy ako, and a pickup doesn't sem to be the best fit 99% of the time
    RWD and Body-on-frame pa rin naman design nito ala Innova IMV. Kaya yung semi-rough roads basta wag ka lang maiipit. Kung medyo matarik, konting bwelo at kabig sa manibela para di mawalan ng grip yung goma sa lupa. Malas na lang kung maputik at highway tires pa stock nakakabit dito haha.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    isnt that "kabig" trick while going on a steep incline only good for front wheel drive cars?

RWD cars tend to lose traction when going on corner especially if its a rigid differential suspension..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Mga sir at mam kelangan ba tlga ng pms pg nka 1000km or 3000km kna?avanza e 1.3a/t..thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast