New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cktlcmd View Post
    This is why I don't really believe in those crash test ratings. You can't tell what your car will hit or what will hit your car.
    On the contrary... buying a car with a four or five star rating gives you better odds of living in most crashes.

Yes, you can't be sure of surviving anything, but maximizing your odds, if you can afford to, is a good idea.

You'll note... though the passengers died, the structure behind the engine compartment, from the A-pillars back, is completely intact. The car protected them from being crushed to death. It couldn't protect them from dying completely, but it tried.

A similar crash with a 90's Corolla or any other early 90's compact would have the vehicle crumpled up to the B-pillars.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    what a car...Tsk Tsk Tsk...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    buti hindi nahiwa yung auto. ang bilis nyan malamang.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Linked from the thread article...

http://miros-road-safety.blogspot.co...a-vios-at.html

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    You'll note... though the passengers died, the structure behind the engine compartment, from the A-pillars back, is completely intact. The car protected them from being crushed to death. It couldn't protect them from dying completely, but it tried.
    Ditto on this; the crumple zone did its best to contain the crash but there are still limitations to what extent it can protect. The wheels even went out instead of inside.

The article also noted that three people died and from the looks of it (front passenger seat bent forward) suggests that the person seated at the back was thrown forward (unless seat was pushed.moved forward after the incident already). If this was the case, a seatbelt may have saved a life or two.
    Last edited by vinj; January 28th, 2010 at 10:26 AM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Defensive driving is still the best safety feature, especially at night.

Wag magmadali, makakarating din tayo sa paroroonan natin... I think I read it somewhere in EDSA before.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    oh my tumama sa puno. yan ang matindi!! I think the driver was dead on the spot.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    take a look at the crash test of a Vios (aka Yaris) versus a Camry

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcTf78b8WfY"]YouTube- IIHS Crash Test Of Toyota Camry Versus Toyota Yaris[/ame]

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    sorry double post

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    40 mph is what ? 65kph ?

The vios driver should be dead by that. But the camry err ... I don't think so.

Bruises ? Yes.
    Broken bones ? Yes.

Last edited by renzo_d10; January 30th, 2010 at 01:36 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Disturbing Crashed Black Toyota Vios 2009 Photos