New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    my bro's looking for one, from 2002 to 2004 models. whats the difference between the 2.0 and 2.4v? aside from the engine of course. exterior, interior or other gadgets. thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the 2.4V and 2.0G models are the same except for the engine and the badge at the back. the 2.0E model is the stripped down version. i think the fuel consumption may be negligible between the 2.4 and 2.0 engines.

for more details, you can look at motioncars.com

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    thanks for the info bro, kaso yung nasa motioncars ang low end niya is 2.4e then 2.4g and 3.0g. yung 2.0g kasi wala yung specs. so basically engine lang difference ng 2.4g sa 2.0g?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bratski View Post
    thanks for the info bro, kaso yung nasa motioncars ang low end niya is 2.4e then 2.4g and 3.0g. yung 2.0g kasi wala yung specs. so basically engine lang difference ng 2.4g sa 2.0g?
    nyah! my bad bro. they didn't document the first iteration of the Gen 5 camry. argh! pati yung RAV4 na 2.0L, wala din data.

anyhow, 2.4V and 2.0G are the same except for the engine. almost went with a 2.4V but then the power diff didn't justify the price diff. that was then tho. hehe!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    thanks bro, kahit pala sa used car market malaki din price difference ng 2.0g and 2.4g. Ill just tell my bro to get the 2.0g nalang hehehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Matipid ang 2.0L Camry. My Granpa owns a 2004 Camry 2.0E the stripped down model. no auto climate, no wood, leather, gated shifter whatsoever. He's FC is about 8km/l, it's automatic tranny and I think for the Camry's size, it is impressive. Hindi rin naman underpowered. Acceleration is still breezy IMO.
    Pero since 2ndhand, mas ok topline model na kunin mo. Kahit yung features lang kung malaki ang difference, the 2.0G is one to go.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bratski View Post
    thanks bro, kahit pala sa used car market malaki din price difference ng 2.0g and 2.4g. Ill just tell my bro to get the 2.0g nalang hehehe
    Ah talaga? Laki pa diff? Oh, check on the shock absorbers and drive belt of the unit you're getting. My first set of shocks only lasted close to 3 years (stock springs, but not stock rims, hehe!). Buti na lang warranty pa. The second only close to 2 years (ni-lower ko kasi, kulet eh). Both sets were OEM Thailand. Went with KYB Japan as replacements for the third set.

As to the main drive belt, noticed some cracks on it after about 50 thousand kilometers.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    Matipid ang 2.0L Camry. My Granpa owns a 2004 Camry 2.0E the stripped down model. no auto climate, no wood, leather, gated shifter whatsoever. He's FC is about 8km/l, it's automatic tranny and I think for the Camry's size, it is impressive. Hindi rin naman underpowered. Acceleration is still breezy IMO.
    Pero since 2ndhand, mas ok topline model na kunin mo. Kahit yung features lang kung malaki ang difference, the 2.0G is one to go.
    I average about 7-8 Km/L on 17s. Bonestock, I would think 8 is ok, considering the Camry's quite heavy.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    kaya siguro kino-consider ng bro ko kasi nga matipid siya, i wonder how toyota did it with a midsized sedan.a decade ago nung may civic vti pa ako hirap nako mag average ng 7km/liter city driving. sa current ride ko nga ngayon happy nako pag naka 3km/liter siya. thanks for the info guys. kung halos pareho lang kasi market price ng used 2.4g and 2.0g i would suggest to my brother that he get the topline model. but since engine displacement lang difference and almost 100k difference on used car prices, sa 2.0g na vote ko hehehe

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    2.0G na lang bro, with high fuel prices di na uso ang high displacements.... My sister recently bought a used 2.0G and nahihiya ako sa kanya magpalam na gusto ko hiramin maskin 1 week lang pahiram ko Accord ko sa kanya (lugi ata sya) By the way the 2.0G and 2.4V has exactly the same exterior and interior trims. Sa engine lang talaga difference....

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Funny. Usually the price difference bet. the trim level of a vehicle diminishes as it enters the pre owned market. So technically, there should be little price diff. bet. a 2.0 and a 2.4. Like for example a Civic VTi and LXi.

I would get the 2.4 li if there is little or neglible price differences bet. the two. Motioncars claims a 8 km/li for the 2.4 Camry they tested back in 2003. Then again, I observed they (motioncars) seem to post overly optimistic fuel consumption rates for most of their test drives.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Difference of 2.0 and 2.4v camry?