New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hello,Tsikoters ..

New owner of an Innova J here...

Parking it in our 3 garage, I found to my surprise that the Innova is longer than our old Mazda Power Van (whose spot im replacing with the Innova). The Power Van has a roomier and longer interior than the Innova, but I forgot that its engine is under the seats and has no hood.. lol..

Anyway, before I had no problems parking the Van with another car in a row. Aside from being an old vehicle that I dont mind getting scratches, it has rubber bumpers so even if ma hit ang wall in front, or ma hit ang back , ok lang

Not so with a brand new Innova..

I have to get someone to guide me to almost kissing the wall in front so we can have adequate clearance for a person to step between the 2 cars back to the house. (and sometimes that "someone" is the maid whose reflexes I dont fully trust...lol.

I figured the solution is to put a curved/angled mirror on the wall so I can see where my bumper is in relation to the wall.

Is this a thing that people do? I tried looking for them in Ace Hardware, only saw curved mirrors you put on your side view mirrors or rear view mirror.

How about a motorcycle sideview mirror?

Any suggestions?

TIA!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    this might not answer your question but what i do for me is i remember a spot on the wall and use that as reference to line up a part of the vehicle like the side mirror or the B pillar.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by L1quid View Post
    this might not answer your question but what i do for me is i remember a spot on the wall and use that as reference to line up a part of the vehicle like the side mirror or the B pillar.
    I actually do that when Im parking my sedans in reverse.. The garage floor has one horizantal line that I use as a guide by opening the car door.. once the door "hits" the line, Im good

But then I have enough wiggle room because of the "shorter" van... plus I dont want to risk a miscalculation on my part...hehe #NewCarJitters

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    look for those flags on sticks that are anchored to a movable stand on the floor. the flag lights up when the bumper hits the flag stick.
    at least with these, you won't have to drill holes on your concrete or wooden wall.

OR, you might modify your garage door... make space for your bigger car.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    They sell that curve mirror at stores that sell security devices.

Yung gawa ni L1quid gawa ko din. May marks dun sa floor, one for the sorento and one for the everest, and before one for the starex. I line it up with the scuff plate. Syempre i open the door when lining up. Pwede din imbes na sa floor lagay ka mark sa wall and line up the B pillar to it.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Gusto mo fool proof, lagay ka stoppers sa floor.Parang yung sa parking lots, pag tumama gulong mo yun na yun. Meron yata rubber na fixed sa floor with bolts sa handyman.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Gusto mo fool proof, lagay ka stoppers sa floor.Parang yung sa parking lots, pag tumama gulong mo yun na yun. Meron yata rubber na fixed sa floor with bolts sa handyman.
    This was what I was gonna stay. Or install rubber on your wall

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Wow! lots of replies so soon! Thanks Guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    look for those flags on sticks that are anchored to a movable stand on the floor. the flag lights up when the bumper hits the flag stick.
    at least with these, you won't have to drill holes on your concrete or wooden wall.

OR, you might modify your garage door... make space for your bigger car.
    Im intrigued about those flags on sticks... I tried googling for it but cant find what you mean.. can you kindly elaborate?

I actually thought about expanding the garage door.. but thats too expensive and time consuming...maybe it doesnt have to go that far...

also, there is a wooden storage cabinet on one side, the so I can attach the mirror there. (cabinet on the left part, concrete wall/backdoor on the right) . Yes, we blocked our rear exit already , no one uses that anymore, the other side is used as storage space too. plus I dont mind drilling holes in that part of the garage.. no one goes there except me.. lol

They sell that curve mirror at stores that sell security devices.

Yung gawa ni L1quid gawa ko din. May marks dun sa floor, one for the sorento and one for the everest, and before one for the starex. I line it up with the scuff plate. Syempre i open the door when lining up. Pwede din imbes na sa floor lagay ka mark sa wall and line up the B pillar to it.
    Thanks, Ill try to look for them sa security devices stores..

One example is the big, rectangular angled mirror they use in Garage Bays.. when u drive your car on a platform so mechanics can stand underneath your car. I remember long long time ago first time I had to do that, I got nervous bec if mali pasok gulong mo, hulog ka sa butas... lol..

Hmm.. yeah, might just use that old technique of looking for a marker as a guide.. potential problem though is if you dont enter straight...

Mahirap siguro mag lagay ng permanent stoppers.. other cars may park in that spot depending on situation...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think I saw that concave mirror being sold in glass/aluminum stores. Try to ask from them.

Yun stick na nag light, it's available in true value. While the stopper you can also find them at true value it's a plastic chock, "Kalso" in tagalog.

At least hinde Naka fix sa floor ng garage mo. Lagay mo lang pag mag Park ka na just for stopper/guide. Then pwede itago pag hinde kailangan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Lot of options

Here's the stand with light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast