New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I saw some crack on my air intake hose and a certain part or casing below the engine. Can I use epoxy steel bond with heat resistance on this? Will these cause much damage to my engine parts?

I dont know what part is this but its located just beside the belts and below the engine area.

imag4523.jpg

Cracked air intake hose

1_1.jpg

And theres this loose circular rubber thing on the suspension area. What part is this?

2_1.jpg

Car is toyota corolla 1997 Gli 1.6

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    First picture-timing belt cover
    Second picture-intake air hose, can be fixed using RTV sealant while in place
    Third picture-drive axle shaft harmonic balancer/vibration damper

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    first picture. i think your gasket is perished. replace it, and let us hope that is all there is to it.
    second picture. yes, you can repair it with sealer. but if the replacement part is not that expensive, just replace it.
    third picture. sorry, i am not sure what that is. if it is the rubber drive shaft cover, it should be tight enough so as to prevent lubrication from leaking out, and dirt from leaking in. replace it. if it is the steering shaft or end cover, i recommend the same.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bail View Post
    I saw some crack on my air intake hose and a certain part or casing below the engine. Can I use epoxy steel bond with heat resistance on this? Will these cause much damage to my engine parts?

I dont know what part is this but its located just beside the belts and below the engine area.

imag4523.jpg

Cracked air intake hose

1_1.jpg

And theres this loose circular rubber thing on the suspension area. What part is this?

2_1.jpg

Car is toyota corolla 1997 Gli 1.6
    1.)Timing Belt Cover-possible leak on camshaft oil seal.
    2.)Air Intake Hose-Buy aftermarket(SIMOTA)air intake.P1,200 complete with washable air filter,aluminum tube etc.
    3.)Rack & Pinion center rubber bushing.-P300 sa mga suking Auto supply.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pdspd View Post
    2.)Air Intake Hose-Buy aftermarket(SIMOTA)air intake.P1,200 complete with washable air filter,aluminum tube etc.

mas reliable ba tong simota air intake compare sa stock? ano maging benefits nya and where can i get it?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pdspd View Post

mas reliable ba tong simota air intake compare sa stock? ano maging benefits nya and where can i get it?