New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Mga sir, tanong lng po. may nagbebenta kasi ng SR na toh, hingi sana ko advice kung mag-aaksaya lng ba ako ng 25K dito. tska tanong ko na din po kung ano year neto at kung ano stock engine nya.

eto pa po ibang pics, d na kasi kasya e:
    http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0109azl8.jpg
    http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0108awl6.jpg
    http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0107azn4.jpg
    http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0106abg4.jpg

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    My Dad used to have this specific model.

This is a 1978 model with a 1.2L, 3K carburated engine. My dad always said that it was underpowered.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    My father used to have one of these, SL version lang (sedan) - but we also had the SR version as a second car back then.

He dropped in a 2TG in the sedan and as a kid, my jaw dropped too

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    3K-H engine, 1200cc - yan ang ninuno ng 4K (1300cc) newer corollas and later on the liftback (with 2T and 4K option), 5K (1500cc) ng liteace at 7K (1800cc) ng tamaraw revos -iisa itsura. no prob with engine parts, ang problema sa very old model dito sa tin sa pinas, pahirapan na humanap ng parts like, doors, bumpers, lights. kaya kahit gusto mo i-fully restored usually fabrication ang mangyayari.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    My father used to have one of these, SL version lang (sedan) - but we also had the SR version as a second car back then.

He dropped in a 2TG in the sedan and as a kid, my jaw dropped too
    a few years of back I was going to make this my old-school project but unfortunately the budget was spent on something else more important.

But I've been wanting to ask if a 2TG will fit in the Corolla SR, so I guess this answered my question.... hmmm.....

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Thanks for all your inputs. So what do you guys think? is it worth it?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by artpogi View Post
    a few years of back I was going to make this my old-school project but unfortunately the budget was spent on something else more important.

But I've been wanting to ask if a 2TG will fit in the Corolla SR, so I guess this answered my question.... hmmm.....
    Well it did fit in the SL, but not sure of the SR since the SR was the 2 door version and the SL was the four door (if there's any difference).

Jabbar go for it if that's what you really want. But just make sure the body is taken care of first, without a rust free body the project might just literally fall apart in front of you

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Thanks for the advice mbeige. One thing I'm worried about is that the seller owns a "talyer" and he might've covered those rusts that's eating away through the body. Unfortunately i'm not an expert in seeing this kind of stuff.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    ^^^ Basing from the pictures (especially the interior) I sincerely think that this can become a money pit which is the last thing you need. The price is very tempting indeed but then for that low amount, the catch is usually bigger.

For a 30 year old car like this, expect more problems later on like emission tests and by that time you yourself may have a hard time disposing it.

Try to scout for other newer cars nalang bro

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    mukhang di na masama ang 25K para sa Corolla na yan. pero, of course be ready to spend another few thousand pesos for repairs and/or upgrades. also, salpakan na ng 2TG yan!!!! bwakekekeke!

aite, peace.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
corolla SR, OK na b sa 25K 'toh? pics attached