The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Your radiator obviously has a leak. A pressure test will show the location

2. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bail View Post
    By the way, I just noticed that my coolant reservoir is always empty. I never use any coolant. although i always fill up my radiator with water. Is this normal?
    nope. might be may leak yan or better yet pa check mo. kung matagal nang tap water ang nilalagay mo sa reservoir ay may kalawang na yan sa radiator. use distilled water instead if you want to buy coolant but i would recommend to use coolant.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Everything around the radiator is so dry and I cant see any wetness. I am beginning to that think my radiator cap is the main suspect of this problem.

imag4450.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Everything around the radiator is so dry and I cant see any wetness. I am beginning to that think my radiator cap is the main suspect of this problem.

imag4450.jpg

4. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Yup possible sa itsura nyan lulusot palagi yan

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sir check mo lahat ng nakacircle na red.
    Chances are andyan lang ang leak nyan.
    Kapag medyo uminit na ba ang temp at binuksan mo ang hood parang may steam ba ang hangin na galing sa engine bay? Baka kasi may slow leak ka somewhere na natutuyo agad dahil sa init ng makina kaya hindi napapansin agad. Over a few days ubos na ang coolant mo sa radiator.
    4afe-cooling.jpg

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    possibilities:
    1. you have a leak. it may be hard to find, as there are many thingees around the engine that the leak can hide behind.. check also your overflow cannister for leak; it may be the cause of it all.
    2. your auxiliary fans are sub-optimal. they may spin, but not fast enough... the air sucked in is not enough. or they may not spin at all.
    3. your radiator is clogged, making cooling sub-optimal.
    4. you have a crack in your engine block, or a blown head gasket.
    5. etc.

have fun troubleshooting.
    this is the best solution. i suggest you buy toyota superlong life coolant yung premix at color red (wala naman iba alam ko) you need at least 4 liters or 2 bottles (2 liters per bottle at 300 pesos each). it helps me trouble shoot my 96 civic for leaks. kasi once it dries, it leaves a residue and red mark kung saan lumalabas ang leak.

i end up, replacing my radiator (LVC in Banawe is once of the cheapest source of radiator) afterwards, sa hoses pala problema. until unti unti kong narerepair ang hoses, then isa isa namang nagbibigayan ang hoses ko.

ohh, by the way after the lower radiator hose, napansin namin na durog na ang thermostat ng civic so i repalced it.

afterwards, ayun wala ng leak sa radiator reservoir naman lumalabas tubig and end up having a bad head gasket lang. better than full overhaul. now my engine is in pristine condition.

hth

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    By the way, how will you know if the overheating has damaged your engine? So far my engine still running smoothly despite of the overheating issues. Im just not sure if its really an overheat since the gauge was still in the middle when then engine suddenly stops and when I opened radiator cap I can only see the hot steam but no smoke or whatsoever.
    Engine usually stops when it get overheats. An overheat engine, would stall or stop it from running and your temp gauge normally would be in the up mark "H" not in between "H" and "C". Your thermostat sensor for temperature gauge maybe faulty or full of scales.

Sent from my Starmobile UP+ using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    By the way, how will you know if the overheating has damaged your engine? So far my engine still running smoothly despite of the overheating issues. Im just not sure if its really an overheat since the gauge was still in the middle when then engine suddenly stops and when I opened radiator cap I can only see the hot steam but no smoke or whatsoever.
    "Steam" is caused by hot and boiling water.
    "Smoke"is caused by fire. Corolla 1997 high temperature/overheating issues

Checked your Thermostat valve.
    Have it pulled out and inspect it.
    It might be clogged and full of smudge which cause to malfunction.
    If you have a stuck-up "closed" thermostat valve, and it wont "open", it can cause to overheat your engine too. Making it to produce vapor pressure,due to hot boiling coolant/water from your engine block pushing your coolant/water to the radiator and its cap and to gush out in your coolant reservoir too.

Sent from my Starmobile UP+ using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    experienced the same problem, its a pajero 2000 model with 121k odo. First, I changed the radiator. Then, changed the thermostat. ganun parin. sa huli, yung hose from radiator to engine pala ang culprit. Everything is ok now at 134k odo.

The problem is the radiator hose connection to the engine. Pag masyado ma init na ang engine, tumutulo ang connection due to the rubbler becoming loose. By drops lang cya lalabas... then evaporates pag nag touch sya sa outside ng engine. So... when you check your engine, its dry naman.

total damage almost 8k
    new radiator 5.5K
    new thermostat 800
    new hose 150
    plus labor 3x

experienced the same problem, its a pajero 2000 model with 121k odo. First, I changed the radiator. Then, changed the thermostat. ganun parin. sa huli, yung hose from radiator to engine pala ang culprit. Everything is ok now at 134k odo.

The problem is the radiator hose connection to the engine. Pag masyado ma init na ang engine, tumutulo ang connection due to the rubbler becoming loose. By drops lang cya lalabas... then evaporates pag nag touch sya sa outside ng engine. So... when you check your engine, its dry naman.

total damage almost 8k
    new radiator 5.5K
    new thermostat 800
    new hose 150
    plus labor 3x

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinworld View Post

total damage almost 8k
    new radiator 5.5K
    new thermostat 800
    new hose 150
    plus labor 3x

total damage almost 8k
    new radiator 5.5K
    new thermostat 800
    new hose 150
    plus labor 3x
    All of the other parts and valuable cash could have been spared if only you conducted a static pressure test. Instead you chose the replace one part and see approach

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Corolla 1997 high temperature/overheating issues